New member - Order Placed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: ↑Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:46 am USB May 2023 build Vignale DCT - A in the front, C in the armrest.
BELAY THE LAST PIPE.....It is a type A.....My apologies Ron.....As I said I hardly use it and haven't at all in this one, just looked at it and obviously, not properly. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'll take the stick, I deserve it.....Numpty.... πŸ™„πŸ™„
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:06 am Yes Welcome. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
I highly recommend going wireless for Android Auto/Carplay. You can plug the device into the armrest USB and forget about it. I use Android Auto and it just switches on and connects within seconds of starting the car.
The best dongle for AA would be this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/AAWireless-202 ... 741&sr=8-4
I think for Apple, Carsify is the usual recommendations, but, I haven't gone to the dark side so can only comment on AA ;) :D
This is precisely my plan. I had a 3rd party unit in an old.Kuga that had wireless android built in and it was delightful. I don't get why all the cars have wireless charging but then wired android auto. It's a weird combo!

I'm android and most of my cables are USB C nowadays so that's good
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Well, my car is on the way.

As I was ordering through a 3rd party as ordering minus tax to export, I've not had any notifications from Ford. Was getting a bit concerned so fired off another email.

Got a phone call later in the day to tell me it is due with the dealer this week. Ordered in August and original date given was mid December so cool that it is early.

However won't be picking it up until December when we take the long drive home for Christmas.
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

(Nato cars??) That drive from Italy will be a real test for the cars comfort...I'm sure it'll pass....Meanwhile the wait is nearly over...Enjoy.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:11 pm (Nato cars??) That drive from Italy will be a real test for the cars comfort...I'm sure it'll pass....Meanwhile the wait is nearly over...Enjoy.
It will be more comfortable than the Abarth 595 we did it in last year :D
Deleted User 2121

Post by Deleted User 2121 »

Hyjacked seyahremmus post but as a newish member thought it would be ok. Had phone call frome dealer today the car I ordered eleven weeks yesterday will be at dealers end of this week. Should with luck have end of next week if all goes to plan selling existing Kuga
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Farmer wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:50 pm Hyjacked seyahremmus post but as a newish member thought it would be ok. Had phone call frome dealer today the car I ordered eleven weeks yesterday will be at dealers end of this week. Should with luck have end of next week if all goes to plan selling existing Kuga
Nice to see them flowing through now....It'll be worth the wait... :D
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Farmer wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:50 pm Hyjacked seyahremmus post but as a newish member thought it would be ok. Had phone call frome dealer today the car I ordered eleven weeks yesterday will be at dealers end of this week. Should with luck have end of next week if all goes to plan selling existing Kuga
Nice. If mine is indeed delivered this week it will be 12 weeks for me from ordering. Although won't be collecting for another 4 or so as I have to get back to the UK to get it and we are home for Xmas anyway so no point rushing.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Well, struggling to upload a photo (probably the farm internet) but I finally picked her up today! Plus you all know what a grey matter STX looks like.

Had a 3 hour drive back, around 80% motorways, and got 53mpg over 175 miles ish. Happy enough with that. Sport mode all the way.

So far so good, auto boot opens first time, sunroof doesn't rattle, DAB radio works etc. haha. However, doesn't appear to be a glove box light!

Just going through the motions of logging in on the apps and online to sort Sync updates.

Got my AA wireless installed too for the journey, and bonus being my Pixel 6 Pro fits perfectly in the wireless charging slot AND charges through the thick case (Quadlock).

Safe to say I am happy so far.
makima

Post by makima »

congrats!