Autofold mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Hello everybody peeps! Maybe someone can help me with this minor issue.

I switched the door mirror Autofold function off soon after getting the car in late 2020. I recently decided to switch it on again but ticking the Autofold box in the settings has no effect. Does anyone have any idea how to get the Autofold mirrors to Autofold again? Thanks.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

There's a switch on the driver's door above the window controls.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

As Rizmo said, try the button on the drivers door to make sure they do still fold/unfold when asked. Then as long as you have enabled autofold in the settings when you lock the car they should fold.
2023 Puma ST line 155
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

MikeyD wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:45 pm As Rizmo said, try the button on the drivers door to make sure they do still fold/unfold when asked. Then as long as you have enabled autofold in the settings when you lock the car they should fold.
Maybe I didn't explain very well. The door mirrors have always folded and unfolded with the manual door switch. But I recently turned Autofold on and they don't fold automatically with the ignition like they should.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They auto fold when the car is locked/unlocked not with the ignition is turned on and off, or is that what you meant?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Sparks wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:39 pm They auto fold when the car is locked/unlocked not with the ignition is turned on and off, or is that what you meant?
I didn't know that because they're not working! Which is why I'm asking the question. :)
matthen

Post by matthen »

mirrormask wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:46 am
Sparks wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:39 pm They auto fold when the car is locked/unlocked not with the ignition is turned on and off, or is that what you meant?
I didn't know that because they're not working! Which is why I'm asking the question. :)
With autofold enabled they should fold when the car is locked, and unfold when it is unlocked.

If they don't do this, with autofold enabled, you'll need to take it to a dealer sadly.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Unfold/fold the mirrors manually but be careful and then try the settings/button. Otherwise it may require a visit to a dealer. Good luck.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Don't know why you turned them off to start with.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

denty1964 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:37 am Don't know why you turned them off to start with.
I was about to ask this question but you beat me to it. :D

I have heard some people say that they dont like this feature because they are worried what happens in freezing conditions, but Ford sell cars globally so they are tested for all extremes.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.