ST driver, Local idiot.

The place to discuss everything else..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I was driving in the city this morning and a blue Puma ST loomed up in the rear mirror. Driver seemed to be upset he was behind me and kept closing the gap and making the car sound like his exhaust was broken.
We went across a roundabout where he nearly crossed into the wrong lane and forced another car to swerve. Anyway, we exited onto a dual carriageway and I stayed on the inside lane. He pulled alongside for about 100 yards just looking and then put his foot down and disappeared into the distance presumably leaving some rubber behind.
About a mile further on I passed him on the inside lane turning left while he was stuck waiting to go ahead....
I'm not sure what he wanted to achieve other than 'Look at me, I've got an ST'.....Well, in that case take it somewhere more appropriate to race it around and race someone who really cares.
Sorry folks, rant over and I know it wasn't anyone from on here as you are all responsible ST owners and this was a one off idiot..... :lol: ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

We had our own Puma idiot in Chelmsford, not sure if it was stolen or what the story was but the 23 plate Puma came off pretty well as the bungalow has a bad crack in it https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2023-07 ... lice-chase
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:16 pmI'm not sure what he wanted to achieve other than 'Look at me, I've got an ST'.....Well, in that case take it somewhere more appropriate to race it around and race someone who really cares.
Sorry folks, rant over and I know it wasn't anyone from on here as you are all responsible ST owners and this was a one off idiot..... :lol: ;)
I dont think the Puma ST is anything special and I've got one. :lol:
Sadly this was not a one off idiot, because they can be found everywhere driving any make or model of car.
I hope you looked across at him and smiled as you passed. :D
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Sparks wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:16 pm I was driving in the city this morning and a blue Puma ST loomed up in the rear mirror. Driver seemed to be upset he was behind me and kept closing the gap and making the car sound like his exhaust was broken.
We went across a roundabout where he nearly crossed into the wrong lane and forced another car to swerve. Anyway, we exited onto a dual carriageway and I stayed on the inside lane. He pulled alongside for about 100 yards just looking and then put his foot down and disappeared into the distance presumably leaving some rubber behind.
About a mile further on I passed him on the inside lane turning left while he was stuck waiting to go ahead....
I'm not sure what he wanted to achieve other than 'Look at me, I've got an ST'.....Well, in that case take it somewhere more appropriate to race it around and race someone who really cares.
Just wondering if he would have done that if you were in a Nissan GTR or similar ? I doubt it very much. We encountered it the other day - a puma ST up the rear of my sons Audi S3 - needless to say my son left him standing . The puma is nippy and a great car and I would consider one but yes many are driven out of their skins.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Wow Sparks that sounds insane, reason why I have dash cams just drop the footage to the thin blue line πŸ‘

I have an ST but drive it sensibly, yeah I like it a lot, definitely do not rag it as spent too much money on it for that, (and annoyed I got a small chip in windscreen today, luckily 2mm and only surface no spider lines), I like my car and just like the power to get to speed if safe to do so,different to my fiesta 1.1.zetec which I also like for different reasons.

Too many people drive too fast and stupidly and the amount of times I wish a speed van was around a corner some times, but unfortunately these idiots do not get caught just cause problems or accidents for others.

I once had a tool at traffic lights some time ago when I had my MG ZS which I still miss he in a golf giving it the revs and making it clear wanted a battle of the line.
Lights turn he flies off and I just pootled off the line laughing πŸ˜‚
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Unfortunately your not alone, I think we all have had this happen at some point.
Maybe the driver wanted to see if you had a forum sticker ;)

Joking aside get a dashcam fitted, peace of mind and I wouldn't drive anywhere without one now. They don't cost a fortune as you probably know and easily installed by yourself, instructions a plenty on the forum.
Even Rizmo installed his and he's dropping to bits ;)

If it happens next time, flash your veterans card at the driver and say in a firm voice "carry on"..... :D

Take Care!
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

:lol: :lol:
I'm getting a Dashcam fitted in the new one. Not sure I'll fit it myself, there is a good reason my wife says D.I.Y stands for 'Don't involve yourself'.
I resisted the temptation of flashing anything at him, no doubt I'll get another chance in the future.... :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Buy from Halfords and they'll fit it for free.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

sinlessUK, thanks for your support πŸ‘πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜„.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:37 am Buy from Halfords and they'll fit it for free.
Since when? They charge Β£50 front or Β£70 front and rear to fit currently...