The Football Thread

The place to discuss everything else..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

the Netherlands were impressive albeit against a poor Vietnamese side.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

halfmeasures

Post by halfmeasures »

FP2022F1T wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:52 pm What a performance today 6-1 and some great goals, a dodgy penalty and yellow card though
And from what I saw/my understanding of the offside rule, a wrongly disallowed goal. Shouldn't VAR be able to say yes or no to whether something is offside or not, and not, "what do you think ref?". VAR is there to correct mistakes in an absolute way, not allow wiggle room to change decisions.
ST-Line X 155 PS First Edition Desert Island Blue (previous)
ST-Line X 155 PS in Lucid Red (current)
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

halfmeasures wrote: ↑Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:06 am
FP2022F1T wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:52 pm What a performance today 6-1 and some great goals, a dodgy penalty and yellow card though
And from what I saw/my understanding of the offside rule, a wrongly disallowed goal. Shouldn't VAR be able to say yes or no to whether something is offside or not, and not, "what do you think ref?". VAR is there to correct mistakes in an absolute way, not allow wiggle room to change decisions.
Oh yeah forgot about that offside , VAR could go on for a week about that πŸ€”πŸ™ˆπŸ‘€
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

The offside "rule" winds me up now. Are they "in play"? Are they in the second phase? Are they interfering with play? The flag should've gone up the moment that cross went in when Bronze was in an offside position. Shame the goal still wouldn't have stood but it's clear cut then.
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
halfmeasures

Post by halfmeasures »

FluffySheep wrote: ↑Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:11 pm The offside "rule" winds me up now. Are they "in play"? Are they in the second phase? Are they interfering with play? The flag should've gone up the moment that cross went in when Bronze was in an offside position. Shame the goal still wouldn't have stood but it's clear cut then.
You know you've made the offside rule too complicated when the VAR has to refer it to the referee who has to watch a replay 100 times to come to a conclusion.
ST-Line X 155 PS First Edition Desert Island Blue (previous)
ST-Line X 155 PS in Lucid Red (current)
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

I do like that finally the Ref tells the crowd what’s going on as they’ve paid the dosh, hope it filters down to domestic football

Football starts this week and with my mate who’s a Leeds fan and I’m a QPR fan, can see a lot of banter this season πŸ™ˆ
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

I agree about the on air commentary when looking at VAR. Cricket and Rugby Union do it exceedingly well - why can't football ?
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

Saturday 5 August
49: Switzerland vs Spain (Auckland, 07:00) 50: Japan vs Norway (Wellington, 10:00)

Sunday 6 August
51: Netherlands vs South Africa (Sydney, Football Stadium, 04:00) 52: Sweden vs United States (Melbourne, 11:00)

Monday 7 August
54: England vs Nigeria (Brisbane, 09:30) 53: Australia vs Denmark (Sydney, Stadium Australia, 12:30)

Tuesday 8 August
56: Colombia vs Jamaica (Melbourne, 10:00) 55: France vs Morocco (Adelaide, 13:00)

Some good games there. I'm going to watch my local non league team play tomorrow afternoon in their last friendly before the season starts.
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Shall catch as many as I can, may catch the Sheff Wed game tonight

Meeting up with my mate Saturday evening so QPR had better win first match πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€”πŸ‘€πŸ™„πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ, or at least Leeds do as bad πŸ˜‚ 🀣
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

1 nil down in 35 seconds πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ’πŸ»πŸ’πŸ»like to say wasn’t expecting it but not a lot if expectation thus season