Windscreen washer problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.
Courtesy cars being totally free are more or less a thing of the past at a lot of dealers...
If there is another dealer within easy reach make the change...
Really unlucky if a second pump has gone so quickly. Can you hear the pump trying or is it completely dead?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

LordClifton

Post by LordClifton »

Mine started doing this last week but the issue is affecting both washers. Left seems worse than the right. It’s making the usual whining noise so I guess it isn’t the pump but I’m only getting a dribble. Warranty expires in May.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

I had a similar problem with my driver side windscreen washer nozzle. Just a dribble.
Took the bull by the horn and replaced the washer jet myself.
Honestly it is a doddle of a job. A spare Ford Puma washer jet costs around £8 per side (they are not handed) Lift the bonnet, unclick and remove the sound deadening material, disconnect the tube and then simply click out to remove the jet nozzle and replace it with a new one. Five minute job. Ten at tops.
I tried soaking the old jet nozzle in hot water/washing up liquid and blowing through. Nope that didn't work so I put it in the bin.
The problem I fear is some cheap screen washer fluids. Can over time solidify and become water separated leaving tiny solid particles that will eventually block the nozzle jets.