Problems with modern cars.

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Recently I’ve been thinking about swapping to either Toyota or Kia.

I’ve joined the C-HR site on FB and surprise surprise they are having the very same problems with the battery. Quite a few as well. Plus the 1.8 hybrid takes over 11 seconds to reach 62mph! The 2.0 is quicker at 8 secs but has a tiny boot due to the larger batteries.

Then I look at Kia and the amount of problems they are having is astounding! Cars breaking down and months before they can even be looked at. Warranty rubbish as well.

I’ll keep looking but at the moment the extended warranty to take me into 4 years looks my best option. At the moment my car is doing what it should (touch wood).
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:26 am Recently I’ve been thinking about swapping to either Toyota or Kia.

I’ve joined the C-HR site on FB and surprise surprise they are having the very same problems with the battery. Quite a few as well. Plus the 1.8 hybrid takes over 11 seconds to reach 62mph! The 2.0 is quicker at 8 secs but has a tiny boot due to the larger batteries.

Then I look at Kia and the amount of problems they are having is astounding! Cars breaking down and months before they can even be looked at. Warranty rubbish as well.

I’ll keep looking but at the moment the extended warranty to take me into 4 years looks my best option. At the moment my car is doing what it should (touch wood).
Thought it was you 😃😄😁. Re the CHR. There is a new model on the horizon - current model has some attractive deals to be had. Updating the Sat Nav costs money. Usual response on the site is to use Waze or Google Maps instead. It's also recommended to carry a Solar battery charger...
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I did see the thing about the solar charger. Evidently it can be charged through the 12v socket. I wonder if it will work on the Puma’s 12v in the boot? My 12v in the car needs the ignition on I think.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Plus the boot size worries me. My Puma takes two small cases in the mega box and two large cases up top. No need to drop the seats at all. If I change to the C-hr it would be like doing back to my last Focus. Seats would have to drop to get everything in.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:59 am Plus the boot size worries me. My Puma takes two small cases in the mega box and two large cases up top. No need to drop the seats at all. If I change to the C-hr it would be like doing back to my last Focus. Seats would have to drop to get everything in.
It’s a shame the Corolla cross isn’t coming to the uk, that might suit you better, would it be a huge problem for you if you had to drop say, one side of the seats.?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

If you look on T'internet all manufacturers have problems with some of their cars. Then there are the thousands which don't have any problems.. Life is a lottery in so many ways, I could have easily walked away from the Puma for my next car, but, looking around I couldn't find anything else I wanted at the moment that didn't have some moans out there.
Sticking with what I know for the time being, until it's time to go full EV.... 8-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Always liked the look of the CHR which is why I joined their forum to find out more about it. Apparently, it's got a few niggles which could be annoying over time especially the Lane Keeping Assist which, as a default setting, turns ON everytime the car is started - bit like the Puma going to normal driving mode upon start up and you have to,press 3 times to get to Sport mode. Lane Keeping is NOT fun. No electric boot - not a biggie - no panoramic roof. Not even a rev counter. The CVT gear box can be noisy at high revs. The Puma has better option choices. Plus that boot is class leading in the small SUV category. Difficult to find a better boot size
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

The more I read about it the less I want it really. As for Kia - the after sales seems 10x worse than Ford.
alanp

Post by alanp »

It’s the reason why I went for the Yaris cross, it’s similar in size to the puma which suits my needs , it’s got all the kit in the excel spec which I have chosen, with the addition of heated seats and wheel, it seems by what everyone is saying that lots of cars have battery issues, the cross being no exception,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

The Yaris cross gets quite good reports but it's very slow.