Digital dashboard not displaying correctly

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Make a video of the flickering then back to your dealer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

If under 6 months old the car can be rejected, although that should be a last resort.
It's still under warranty, so take it back and get them to investigate again.
Welcome to the forum by the way.... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PETER-PARTRIDGE

Post by PETER-PARTRIDGE »

I got a St line x 125 auto in October last year and on start up over the last few week the digital display from the right hand side is taking a few seconds to come on completely. Will phone Bristol Street motors when I get the chance and discuss the problem. Not certain when its 1st service is due only done just over 5000miles from new
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Hi Pumastlinex,

It must be quite frustrating, buying a new car and then this is happening…😕. On the other hand you still have full warranty so let the Ford Dealer sort it out, it’s their problem! Do you mean bij flickering that the whole dash is turning off and on? If so let them at least check the wiring and the connectors or even better replace it. Hope you’ll get it fixed soon, good luck 👍🏻🍀
🇳🇱 Amsterdam

Fantastic Red Puma ST-Line X 155bhp, automatic, full options except full leather interior, massage seats and tow-bar, but who cares… ☺️
PETER-PARTRIDGE

Phoned BSM and explained the problem. Wanted them to pick the car up due to wife just coming out of hospital was told the earliest they could pick it up was the back end of NOVEMBER. Asked when was the earliest date if I dropped it off and came home in a curtesy car and got it booked in for 11th OCTOBER? Lets hope the screen does not pack in all together before then
PETER-PARTRIDGE

Took car in and it was checked over and they said the battery was down to 53% and they charged it up overnight. Hope this solves the problem only done 5300miles from new. Must be cheap batteries if it does not hold its charge. Will see how it goes ,winter months on the horizon?
robgee

Post by robgee »

Not sure if it’s a battery issue as never come across this before , if you get chance take for a longer drive and then see if it reoccurs
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It appears your Puma has a lot of stop/start and short journeys. Get a smart digital battery charger and plug in overnight. Check the battery voltage before and after.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Awkfolk

Post by Awkfolk »

Hi. I have also got a problem with digital dash. I picked up a brand new Puma a few days ago and it cannot bring up the Hybrid Gauge on the digital dash. Took it back to the dealer and no one could get the gauge display to come up. They have booked me in for the 5th March. Not too happy about it
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi welcome to the forum...
When you say it won't display I take it you have it selected to show in the available screen menu?
Do you get the charging symbol top right of the dash above the fuel gauge?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.