Ford Dash Cam for Puma: anyone using this?

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

I'm curious about Ford's down dashcam for the Puma, which appears to interface with the Sync system.

Does anybody have it? Anybody know if it's any good?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red

robgee

Post by robgee »

I had one on my first puma , I wasn’t that impressed with the sync interface and the phone app wasn’t the best. I got mine for free but for the price I would say there are better ones available and cheaper.

The camera was ok (only front facing) and did as it says
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
microbe

Post by microbe »

I have had one in my puma since new. It had to be moved a couple of times as the shading below the mirror was showing in recordings but this means it is now somewhat conspicuous as it is midway between mirror and passenger door. It works but the current price is way more than I paid and I wouldn't buy at current price
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The dash cam market is huge so plenty of options. Try dashcamtalk.com/forum for lots of tips, advice and comparisons.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rizmo wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:38 pm The dash cam market is huge so plenty of options. Try dashcamtalk.com/forum for lots of tips, advice and comparisons.
thanks for the link
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Ezzer

Post by Ezzer »

Just a quick input on the dash cam. I've had my puma about 4 weeks. Wife drives mostly to work etc and wanted the ford dash cam. I first tried to order through the ford shop. 8th May. Two days later order cancelled and refund given due to them saying un compatible. Even when it clearly stated it was. After various emails. They accepted it was their mistake (catalogue error) and I reordered on 14th May to be fitted 26th at my dealership. Wed 24th I contacted ford shop (email only) to be make sure it at been sent to dealership. They tell me problem with their system and not sent. Advise me it would be sent out 25th to get their by 26th. Today 26th. Still not sent and they say ongoing problem with system and will let me know when it's sorted. I've had to cancel two oppointments now. I don't buy in to their system problems. I will be cancelling and asking for a refund.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

See my earlier post regarding dash cams. Loads of choice and plenty with rear view also. Most are a straight forward DIY fit. Good luck.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

Does it even intirgrate to the Sync3
I read that intigration to the Sync3 wasn't available in the UK??

Maybe it's changed but yeah you think they would design a Rear cam too
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
robgee

Post by robgee »

Pbirdman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:42 am Does it even intirgrate to the Sync3
I read that intigration to the Sync3 wasn't available in the UK??
It does intergrate with Sync 3 but it was pretty basic , they might have updated it but only had it in my previous Puma
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)