Electric Puma

Ford Puma Gen-E Electric Forum - chat and discuss the Puma EV
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

More pointers toward an EV version of the Puma along with the E-Transit (Puma Van). https://www.expressandstar.com/news/mot ... w-puma-ev/
Predicted at around 250 mile range.....Far short of what I would want from an EV.
Discuss..... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

"allowing for a 10 to 80 per cent charge to take place in around 35 minutes".

The pedant in me sees ambiguity but I guess I know what it means.

250, nah. I'll wait, hopefully, for hydrogen or efuel.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

wgtwiddle wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:27 am "allowing for a 10 to 80 per cent charge to take place in around 35 minutes".

Agreed I'm not going EV for a few years yet, let the infrastructure get better and hopefully charge times
But agree synthetic fuel is way to go use existing engines and fuel stations, with the production can remove co2 from the atmosphere

Either way a lot of things need to get better before 2030 and us switching
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

I hope to buy one as soon as they are available. The maximum journey for me now-a-days is about 60 miles. I would simply hire a car for holidays etc. In my fading years I love to try something new. Cost no object. It all depends on how many toys it has.
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

lightfoot wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:51 am I hope to buy one as soon as they are available. The maximum journey for me now-a-days is about 60 miles.

I like the look of this...

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2023-renau ... far/n22546

Impractical, personally. Cost wise, a touted 25k looks relatively reasonable.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

wgtwiddle wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:27 am "allowing for a 10 to 80 per cent charge to take place in around 35 minutes".

Yep, I'm hoping to hold out for Hydrogen or E-fuel. It'll be whichever gets the production costs scaled first. I think Hydrogen would be the better bet as they are looking at it to replace gas in the system for heating etc. so a bigger market, potentially.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

As an aside it will be interesting to see how they redesign the interior as I guess the Puma will get sync 4, I’m not sure I’m a fan of the big screens in cars and can’t really see how it will fit into the dash as I think the current interior looks pretty good
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Turns out insurance premiums for ev's are through the roof. Even minor crashes can lead to a right off. Any damage to the battery means no repair. There are artii on this elsewhere.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AMS1969 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:14 am As an aside it will be interesting to see how they redesign the interior as I guess the Puma will get sync 4, I’m not sure I’m a fan of the big screens in cars and can’t really see how it will fit into the dash as I think the current interior looks pretty good
Not sure about the Sync 4, they are moving to Android Automotive and away from Sync, so more likely to have that IMO.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am

Yep, I'm hoping to hold out for Hydrogen or E-fuel. It'll be whichever gets the production costs scaled first. I think Hydrogen would be the better bet as they are looking at it to replace gas in the system for heating etc. so a bigger market, potentially.

I will be dead before they go into mass production. Have you seen any news of a pending Puma Hydrogen or E-fuel?