Is anyone here going to order an st powershift,

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
Markyb

Post by Markyb »

Bugger. It’s not a manual box. Ignore that! Doh!
Puma ST Agate Black. Dark Wheels. 8-)

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

When I seen that Ford was offering the ST with an auto option I originally thought this was a good thing, but then I read into it further...
I wondered why Ford had created a new model rather than offer an auto on the existing ST, although it would probably have added around £1800 to the price.
As it is Ford have reduced the engine size, reduced the power and torque (the latter quite considerably), the fuel economy is as close as makes no difference, but kept the basic price only £10 cheaper than the full fat ST.
The price is most likely the real reason Ford have created the new model...for people who like the idea of owning an ST but must have an auto box.
I am a big fan of modern autos with my last 3 cars being 7 speed DSG/DCT, but given the choice of the 2 Puma ST's the auto option gets a big NO from me.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
MobiWanKenobi

Post by MobiWanKenobi »

My wife has just ordered one, white, black roof, dap, tailgate, 2 years servicing thrown in as well.
She currently owns an auto in her mini cooper s so wanted to keep the same. I know people harp on about it not being a full fat st but how many manufacturers have changed the engines in their cars and still kept the names, amg, bmw etc so its a bit of a pointless argument really.
Whatever the reason for the change it is what it is and I'm sure it will be a great car either way.
The fact its over £100 cheaper then the mini each month is a bonus as well.
I've got a manual car so we wanted the best of both worlds and whether its 1.0l or 1.5l it will be fine for what she needs.
Dealer reckons about late August/ September pickup but obviously nobody really knows at the moment, seems to be all over the place with delivery times.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

MobiWanKenobi wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:58 pmShe currently owns an auto in her mini cooper s so wanted to keep the same.
My previous 3 cars have been autos, albeit with much more power than the ST.
I like driving both auto and manual but for me it did not make any logical sense to choose the auto ST, especially considering it costs the same as the more powerful manual.
We are all different though, so I would defend anybody right to choose precisely what they want. :)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I was unable to order one when I enquired and on reflection my order of the Vignale auto makes more sense.
I've gone auto because of the amount of city driving done and the constant gear changing. Any form of ST would be pointless really, very little time to open it up to it's potential. So happy with my choices so far, but I can understand how it would appeal to some.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
MobiWanKenobi

Post by MobiWanKenobi »

Ron240 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:26 pm
MobiWanKenobi wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:58 pmShe currently owns an auto in her mini cooper s so wanted to keep the same.
My previous 3 cars have been autos, albeit with much more power than the ST.
I like driving both auto and manual but for me it did not make any logical sense to choose the auto ST, especially considering it costs the same as the more powerful manual.
We are all different though, so I would defend anybody right to choose precisely what they want. :)
Yeah dont get me wrong we were going to go for a manual but then the auto got released and she thought she'd be happier in that.
She's had her mini for nearly 4 years so got some good equity in it, my last car was an auto M4 and she was worried about losing the manual skill a bit but now I've got a manual car and she's happy to drive that when needed so like I say best of both lol.
MobiWanKenobi

Post by MobiWanKenobi »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:40 pm I was unable to order one when I enquired and on reflection my order of the Vignale auto makes more sense.
I've gone auto because of the amount of city driving done and the constant gear changing. Any form of ST would be pointless really, very little time to open it up to it's potential. So happy with my choices so far, but I can understand how it would appeal to some.
Well she wanted an ST anyway but the dealer compared the figures with a titanium and an ST line X and it actually worked out cheaper with the ST presumably because of the better residuals so made sense to go for that. Its only on 26 months so if its a bag of spanners then she can change for something else after not too long.
She wanted to go back to bmw but with the 0% and saving over her current car for 2 years in the current climate it seemed like a good choice.
alpots1

Post by alpots1 »

Ive ordered the azure blue st yes i understand the lack of bhp etc...but love the puma and looking forward to the powershift ,don't know when i'll be getting it but added the auto tailgate release which i have on my stx which is a must in my opinion.also the more different versions of puma there is the better.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:40 pmAny form of ST would be pointless really, very little time to open it up to it's potential.
Sorry I should have picked up on this point before but I never noticed you had said it at the time.
Come on man...that is a very weak argument. :?
The ST in 170PS or 200PS is really not a lot of power because there are many far more powerful cars out there...so you might as well say all of them are pointless.
Top speed is irrelevant but acceleration can be used as often as you want, and doing so in a 'performance' car can put a smile on your face. :)
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)