Hi, Hopefully a new Puma owner

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

Hi, I'm Mike.

I'm switching from a lurker to a new poster.

Ordered a 155 ST-Line (no options - stock blue) from a local Cumbrian dealer Sept 2022 and was told then that it would be at least 6 months. Asked for an update this morning and got a reply stating "Our ordering system is saying one thing & doing another…., it hasn’t arrived as of yet. It must be soon now. I’ll let you know more when I know.."
I've replied asking for the VIN as this forum (excellent job guys) suggests I'll be able to connect ford pass to it.

I have been reading and taking all the posts in, I'll need a spare wheel etc. so I have looked into all that.

My life story with cars:
My old car, that I am part-X'ing is (don't judge) is a 2003 Citroën Xsara hatchback. I bought it new and it's done well (185,000 miles now) but I turn 50 in May and I decided it's time to move on.
My first car was a Volkswagen Derby (polo with a boot), then I moved on to a Citroën BX 14RE, then 2x Citroën AX GT's (first one argued with a tree), Then a Xantia, and now for the last 20 years the Xsara.
2023 Puma ST line 155

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi, Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll notice a massive difference in the drive of the Puma coming from the Citroen. It'll fill that mid-life crisis without making you look needy...It's worked for the rest of us... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

MikeyD wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:43 pm Hi, I'm Mike.

I'm switching from a lurker to a new poster.

Ordered a 155 ST-Line (no options - stock blue) from a local Cumbrian dealer Sept 2022 and was told then that it would be at least 6 months. Asked for an update this morning and got a reply stating "Our ordering system is saying one thing & doing another…., it hasn’t arrived as of yet. It must be soon now. I’ll let you know more when I know.."
I've replied asking for the VIN as this forum (excellent job guys) suggests I'll be able to connect ford pass to it.

I have been reading and taking all the posts in, I'll need a spare wheel etc. so I have looked into all that.

My life story with cars:
My old car, that I am part-X'ing is (don't judge) is a 2003 Citroën Xsara hatchback. I bought it new and it's done well (185,000 miles now) but I turn 50 in May and I decided it's time to move on.
My first car was a Volkswagen Derby (polo with a boot), then I moved on to a Citroën BX 14RE, then 2x Citroën AX GT's (first one argued with a tree), Then a Xantia, and now for the last 20 years the Xsara.
You cannot connect "Ford Pass" to your new vehicle even with a Vin number. You physically need to have the car first to be able to set up the connection.
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:58 pm Hi, Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll notice a massive difference in the drive of the Puma coming from the Citroen. It'll fill that mid-life crisis without making you look needy...It's worked for the rest of us... :lol:
Ha-ha. Thanks, I never mentioned a crisis or being needy. You are probably right though. 👍
The Xsara isn't too bad to drive though.
2023 Puma ST line 155
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:00 pm You cannot connect "Ford Pass" to your new vehicle even with a Vin number. You physically need to have the car first to be able to set up the connection.
Oops, no idea why I said that, you are correct. I asked for the VIN so I could add a vehicle on ford.co.uk.
2023 Puma ST line 155
Mike

Post by Mike »

20 yrs with one car , it must be a good one.
The most I have owned one for is 10, a focus I bought nearly new for a stop gap and kept it, dealer couldn’t believe the condition when I traded it.
You will enjoy your puma, I might have a spare wheel, boot liner and rubber mats for sale if mine goes.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Hi and Welcome to the Club lurker ;)
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
robgee

Post by robgee »

Hi and welcome, I ordered a st-x 155 in blue but did have a few extras in November and picked it up beginning of March. The dealer should be able to look at the ford system and see what status your car is at. But as you have a vin it will have been built but must be in transport somewhere. I used Hartwell ford who keep me informed every month !
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:00 pm 20 yrs with one car , it must be a good one.
Like Triggers broom, it just keeps working. To be honest, engine and body are still OK after 20 years, It's had numerous suspension parts replaced and brake parts but I'm lucky in that I could do it myself and it's one of the last "simple" diesel powered citroens. 8v Hdi with no DPF or dual mass flywheel/clutch etc. It just won't die.
Mike wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:00 pm I might have a spare wheel, boot liner and rubber mats for sale if mine goes.
I will be on the lookout for a spare wheel kit and boot liner. Might treat mine to non-rubber mats when I eventually get it.
robgee wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:45 pm ..But as you have a vin it will have been built but must be in transport somewhere...
No, still no VIN. All I have to go on is a message that (my dealer) said they should have received it last week but didn't. I've emailed and asked for the VIN again (last Friday) but no reply yet.

Mike.
2023 Puma ST line 155
MikeyD

Post by MikeyD »

My first impresions:
Well yeah, the delivery time for me was 9 months. Got unlucky with the trains and boats etc. But I took delivery this morning so onwards and upwards.
Obviostly only had one day with it but it seems OK. Went to pick it up at 9am, salesperson tried to upsell GAP insurance and some other stuff so I let him try and politely declined. Ford pass app connected no problem and I think he understood I knew about that ssort of stuff. I took it home (5 miles) and was wondering why the new car smell turned into something burning. Luckily it went away. Loaded the 16" spare wheel in the megabox (I'll update that thread) and drove to Keswick for an apointment, then up the coast to Siloth and back home near Carlisle.
It drives great. Not sure how to describe it but it feels "planted". After 80 miles I'm happy.
I'll be fitting my dascam (which I ripped out of the old car) at the weekend.
I know Blazer blue is hated by some, but I like it. Some other colours I like as well, but I don't like them £500 more.
I'll bore you with pictures

PXL_20230619_210909512.jpg

Last edited by MikeyD on Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Puma ST line 155