Head/taillights won’t turn off on driver side

All Ford Puma related discussions
SirSpacePickle

Post by SirSpacePickle »

I just got my Puma today so it might be a feature/indication I’m not familiar with, but I experienced a strange thing today.
I turned off the car, got out and locked the car. Showed my wife that I can close and open all the windows using the remote and afterwards went to lock the car and go home when we noticed that both the driver side headlight and taillight are on (that is only one of the headlights and one of the taillights).
They also wouldn’t turn off.
I played with the lights dial to no avail, but after I restarted the engine and turned it back off it stopped doing that and started behaving as expected.

Any thoughts?

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Most Ford’s used to turn on parking lights on the off kerb side by leaving the direction indicators on that side while parked. No idea if they still do this.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Parking lights...

Untitled.png

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
SirSpacePickle

Post by SirSpacePickle »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm Parking lights...

Untitled.png
That would explain why they wouldn’t turn off, but not why they were on on only the driver (left) side will the right side was off.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They are parking lights. So, you only illuminate the offside lights, the indicator switch being handy to let the car know which side you want illuminated.
As it explains in the second part of the screenshot I posted. Your indicator must have been on when you parked or you knocked it when getting out of the car.
Personally I've never used it and the lights have been set to 'Auto' and never changed since I bought the car over 2 years ago.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
SirSpacePickle

Post by SirSpacePickle »

Ha! That’s indeed this. Managed to recreate it. Your indicator must NOT be ON when you switch the car off and be turned ON only AFTER you switched the ignition off.
Thanks for the help! Great first time use of the forum :)
JimSound

Post by JimSound »

Thanks for your post. Had this issue on a rented Ford Puma in the middle of nowhere and worried the battery would drain. Rental company wanted me to bring the car in... four hours away! An eight hour trip to turn the parking lights off! Your post saved the day.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

:) Sparks to the rescue, nothing new there then.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
KevC

Post by KevC »

That feature has been on cars for years and years. If you turn it off with the indicator arm down it'll keep the light on.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!