What Have You Bought Recently

The place to discuss everything else..
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Thought would be a off topic thread for us to show what we’ve purchased and give any review

I’ll start off with a selection of rums I’ve not tried yet, but looking forward to the Black variant 👍

B31E5EF2-8BDE-494D-917E-9A8174901580.jpeg

ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Huge F-off A3+ photo printer that takes 10 pigment ink cartridges. A bit of an indulgence but the quality of the prints, especially on dedicated art paper...... just wow!!!

Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Crikey Vendee, that’s a bit of a beast!

Do you need a second mortgage to buy the cartridges?
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Vantage wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:11 am Crikey Vendee, that’s a bit of a beast!

Do you need a second mortgage to buy the cartridges?
I bought a complete spare set for £154. The good thing is that being a "Pro grade" printer, they don't ship it with half empty cartridges like they do with some home printers. Also it doesn't do a head clean every time you switch it on which would waste ink. I still have my cheapy A4, tank filled printer for everyday use. The "Beast" only gets used for photographic prints.

If you think the cartridges are expensive..... The fine art A3 paper I use costs £80 for a pack of 25 sheets :lol:
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Not as expensive as I first thought apart from the paper :shock:

The usual head cleaning process is annoying so it’s good it doesn’t do that.

I assume you are into photography so you need a decent printer to make the most of your shots and don’t lose any detail.
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Vantage wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:08 am Not as expensive as I first thought apart from the paper :shock:

The usual head cleaning process is annoying so it’s good it doesn’t do that.

I assume you are into photography so you need a decent printer to make the most of your shots and don’t lose any detail.
Although it doesn't do head cleaning, it does agitate the inks when it turns on. This is just shaking the inks I guess because it uses pigment inks and the pigments might all settle after a while. The paper is heavy... more like card. It really does make a difference though.

Yes I am into my photography and I've got a thing about physical prints rather than viewing photos on screen. I used to shoot b&w film and had my own darkroom to make prints. I recently sold all my film cameras and darkroom equipment and used the money to buy the printer/inks/paper. This printer can handle sheets up to 13" wide and 39" long. I've got a very supportive wife who doesn't mind my photos all framed up and hanging throughout the house 8-)
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

If you’re into any kind of hobby you need the right gear to get the best out of it.

It’s nice to have your own work on display 👍🏻.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

As the current one decided to not work anymore, 😞 coming Friday AO let’s go lol :D

4E898D32-7289-493E-808A-145AE3A13FBE.jpeg

Last edited by FP2022F1T on Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
alanp

Post by alanp »

A suit, for a wedding in March ( not mine 🤭),,,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

alanp wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:16 pm A suit, for a wedding in March ( not mine 🤭),,,
Nice love a wedding had my sons last year and fitted for a suit proud day