Left mirror opinion???

All Ford Puma related discussions
Boss22

Post by Boss22 »

Hi Stan it’s not myself but my wife - she’s 5ft 4 and even myself I’m 5ft 8 have noticed that the mirror doesn’t lower enough on the left side to be able to see the near side kerb or road, the adjustment also doesn’t allow her to see the door handles in her side mirror. Ford dealer we bought from has noticed that this is the same on all Pumas. It’ll be an issue for some but not others as this thread shows.

Iamkingpin

Post by Iamkingpin »

While adjusting inwards I gave it a gentle push at the end of its manoeuvre and seemed to go just a little bit further without any noticeable cracks and crunch. Now in perfect position.
Boss22

Post by Boss22 »

Thanks for the heads up iamkingpin 👍🏻 Have an ex master tech looking at ours tomorrow to see how it looks behind the mirror etc
Boss22

Post by Boss22 »

Folks Ford aren’t taking this seriously still. I have reported the mirror problem to the DVSA. can you please take a few moments to complete the report form if you are having issues with your passenger mirror. I am content DVSA will investigate and find the same thing we’ve been talking about and force Ford to fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Link -

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and- ... r%20report.
Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I think this is a fault. Post a video here?
pensta

Post by pensta »

I’ve had the same issue & it was supposed to take it to Peoples Ford in Edinburgh last week but that phoned on day to postpone the appointment due to the storms we has the night before. It’s rebooked in beginning of September so fingers crossed it will get looked at.
Race Red Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition 155 MHEV
#poppythepuma
excooperS

Post by excooperS »

My problem with the both mirrors is more that the field of vision is quite limited, making precise adjustments of the angles even more important. Despite the blind spot detection I did “lose“ an eager BMW driver there last week. Also how about a dipping left hand mirror when reversing - have found this invaluable in previous cars for protecting those precious alloys against kerbside scuffs.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They're definitely not set up right. I'm 6ft and my n/s mirror is at the fully in position, this just enables a bit of the n/s of my car to be visible in the mirror.
Boss22

Post by Boss22 »

Guys can everyone please submit the form to the DVSA regarding this. The more reports the less they can ignore the problem. Ford aren’t listening to their customers and someone is going to get hurt before long.

Could I also please request people email their dealer stating their issue with the wing mirror and request to book it in to be checked. Then phone customer relations and raise a complaint with them and pass the dealer the complaint number and ask them to raise a GCR (they’ll know what this is) to customer relations. I’ve done all this and have an email trail so that I can use it against them when they continue to fail to act on customers concerns. I’ve spent the last 7 weeks at this and want an outcome for all owners.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I see what you mean about the mirrors limitations, however it doesn't pose any problem for me. The position, I use is well within the mirrors movements.
They are not as good as the Fiesta mirrors though and I can see them causing problems for drivers in certain seating positions.,
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.