Finally got my Puma!

All Ford Puma related discussions
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Wowzz wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:44 am
Tyler Durden wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:36 am Just timed it and I was quite a bit out on the 0 to 60. Came in at 10 seconds. Still decent for a 1.0L car though.
Thrashing it so soon seems unwise.
Just not quick enough for me. Might get rid and get the ST.

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:52 am Throughout the winter, even in slippery mode, my 155 Vignale never put a foot wrong. Best confidence breeding car I've ever owned and that's around fifty and counting.
Just been used to driving lowered cars for years so takes some getting used to. It’s too high up compared to what I’m used to. Too slow aswell to be fair. Might get rid and get the ST
chris47

Post by chris47 »

Handling is a matter of perspective. I had a 300bhp hot hatch before the Puma with adaptive suspension and an LSD, so although the Puma feels nice and positive to drive it handles like a top heavy boat in comparison, but I expected that. Brakes are the same, its not even remotely close. Even the ST model would be no match at all so its all about expectations. Its a very different class of car, it needs to be adapted to. For a start it has Eco-contact tyres which are less than great for grip, something better would help. Anyway I realised it would be slower than I'm used to, but on the plus side its using quite literally half the fuel.

The seats are pretty good to me. I had a focus which I swear was trying to cripple me, I dont have a problem with the Puma. My hot hatch was very stiff and firm, and had more support, but they were harder seats which sometimes were too hard. Steering is a little light, but nice, no issues there.
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

chris47 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:22 pm Handling is a matter of perspective. I had a 300bhp hot hatch before the Puma with adaptive suspension and an LSD, so although the Puma feels nice and positive to drive it handles like a top heavy boat in comparison, but I expected that. Brakes are the same, its not even remotely close. Even the ST model would be no match at all so its all about expectations. Its a very different class of car, it needs to be adapted to. For a start it has Eco-contact tyres which are less than great for grip, something better would help. Anyway I realised it would be slower than I'm used to, but on the plus side its using quite literally half the fuel.

The seats are pretty good to me. I had a focus which I swear was trying to cripple me, I dont have a problem with the Puma. My hot hatch was very stiff and firm, and had more support, but they were harder seats which sometimes were too hard. Steering is a little light, but nice, no issues there.
I thought the tyres felt a bit of the slide side. Seen other people saying similar.

You’re right it’s a totally different car to a hot hatch. I do like it don’t get me wrong. It’s just not what I’m used to.

I’ve sorted the seat issue. Rolled up a towel and put it between the gap of the seat. Also put a cushion on the seat. Makes me a lot higher up but I’d rather that than it break my back. I think it’s the curve/bump in the back rear. Just have to elevate myself above it and now it’s fine. Very strange but seems to work.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I guess, at the end of the day, it's a bit like the Princess and the Pea...... ;) :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

I’d suggest that if your not totally happy with it grab a test drive in an ST see if it feels better to you, I’m guessing you test drove your new car and that was ok?

Sliding it at 40 mph in Tesco car park 🫣, there’s all kinds of problems in that
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
chris47

Post by chris47 »

Tyres really do make a big difference. Eco tyres dont seem worth it to me, for the sake of 3mpg I dont want expensive premium brand tyres that are trying very hard to feel like Chinese off-brand ditch finders.