Ford Performance ST lip retro fit - DONE!

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Markyb

Post by Markyb »

OK. Probably going to stir a wasps nest but…. Why would you want to make a vehicle seem to be a different model?
Yes, I know the ST Line looks pretty much like the ST but it’s not the same vehicle.
Near me is a diesel Focus which has an R/S body kit and all the wheels etc but it’s still a diesel Focus. (Strangely with ST seats).

Listen, I really don’t want to upset, annoy, P off anyone. We all love our Pumas and rightly so. When I had a Fiesta ST Line I was tempted to de badge it and change the wheels etc but once I was in a position to go to a proper ST I realised there was such a huge difference between the ST Line and the ST.

Having driven the Puma ST Line - which is a great drive, there is such a huge difference from the Full ST.

Not convinced the front Ford Performance splitter creates 80 percent more downforce by any means.

Anyway - off into my bunker with a tin hat on waiting for the flack!
Puma ST Agate Black. Dark Wheels. 8-)

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

A friend of mine completely changed his Fiesta a few years back. Made it look and perform almost like an original ST. In fact I think he spent so much on it he could have bought a genuine ST.
Last edited by Sparks on Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
matthen

Post by matthen »

Markyb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:22 pm Not convinced the front Ford Performance splitter creates 80 percent more downforce by any means.
It probably does. 80% more than basically nothing is still basically nothing.

It undoubtedly works in tandem with the shape and air channels in the nose though - do the ST lines have the air channels into the front wheel wells? I'd guess running the splitter without them would reduce the aero improvement from little to very little.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Mattcrx wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:01 pm Hey guys!

I dont know if this has been covered but for anyone who is interested I fitted the Ford Performance ST lip to my 20 Plate ST Line X which only took 10 minutes.

It’s meant to be fitted with pop rivets however I installed it with panel trim clips instead incase I ever wanted to remove it. These can be purchased anywhere from Amazon, eBay or Halfords.

Great little mod which is very easy to do. You do need to drill 17x 8/8.5mm holes in the under side of the bumper to allow for the fixings. (These holes won’t be seen if you ever decide to remove it)

Iv listed the part numbers below with the ford diagram.

Part numbers;
Lip - 17D957B
Pop rivets - HM2
Thanks for this share MATTCRX❣️. I was thinking about to put the lip but your message has convinced me to do it. Thanks also for the part numbers, I also know what part number I need to fix my ST-line badge… 😉
🇳🇱 Amsterdam

Fantastic Red Puma ST-Line X 155bhp, automatic, full options except full leather interior, massage seats and tow-bar, but who cares… ☺️
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Markyb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:22 pm OK. Probably going to stir a wasps nest but…. Why would you want to make a vehicle seem to be a different model?
Yes, I know the ST Line looks pretty much like the ST but it’s not the same vehicle.
Near me is a diesel Focus which has an R/S body kit and all the wheels etc but it’s still a diesel Focus. (Strangely with ST seats).

Listen, I really don’t want to upset, annoy, P off anyone. We all love our Pumas and rightly so. When I had a Fiesta ST Line I was tempted to de badge it and change the wheels etc but once I was in a position to go to a proper ST I realised there was such a huge difference between the ST Line and the ST.

Having driven the Puma ST Line - which is a great drive, there is such a huge difference from the Full ST.

Not convinced the front Ford Performance splitter creates 80 percent more downforce by any means.

Anyway - off into my bunker with a tin hat on waiting for the flack!
I'm with you Mark...Want to look like the real thing, buy the real thing!
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

denty1964 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:16 pm Want to look like the real thing, buy the real thing!
What you said rung a bell with me.
There is a white Mercedes A35 up the road a bit from me, or at least to the untrained eye its an A35. ;)
I always looked at it when I passed and it is fully badged up as an A35 complete with the rear wing, but I knew there was something off about it so I looked up the registration number and its actually an A200d. :shock:
I just dont get why anybody would do that. :roll:
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Has/did anybody managed to get the correct part number for this ST splitter, would really like to add this to my newly acquired ST line x
Thanks in advance Chris.
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

I fitted a splitter to my Puma because I liked the look of it and it made the car look a bit different; I did not wish to make it look like the ST. There are several reasons why I chose not to purchase the ST, the main one being that the 155PS is sufficient for my needs. Like a lot of keen motorists, I see nothing wrong in adding parts that do not feature on the model purchased. What a boring world it would be if we all stuck to the basic car. I have also fitted a Mountune gear knob and battery bracket, a set of Wolfrace wheels and Bridgestone tyres, and had the roof wrapped; I’ve also removed the rear wiper. Thank goodness we all have the ability to make our cars a little bit different if we choose to, especially if the model purchased is not fitted with every gadget the owner desires, but is reluctant to spend more money on the next model up that may also have features that are not wanted. If you wish to keep your car unmodified, that’s fine. If you wish to modify it, that’s fine too. I also expect to attract some flak for this post, but hope others respect an alternate view. Merry Christmas all, I wonder what goodies Santa will bring me to add to my Puma!
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

SSCosRS wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:51 pm I fitted a splitter to my Puma because I liked the look of it and it made the car look a bit different; I did not wish to make it look like the ST. There are several reasons why I chose not to purchase the ST, the main one being that the 155PS is sufficient for my needs. Like a lot of keen motorists, I see nothing wrong in adding parts that do not feature on the model purchased. What a boring world it would be if we all stuck to the basic car. I have also fitted a Mountune gear knob and battery bracket, a set of Wolfrace wheels and Bridgestone tyres, and had the roof wrapped; I’ve also removed the rear wiper. Thank goodness we all have the ability to make our cars a little bit different if we choose to, especially if the model purchased is not fitted with every gadget the owner desires, but is reluctant to spend more money on the next model up that may also have features that are not wanted. If you wish to keep your car unmodified, that’s fine. If you wish to modify it, that’s fine too. I also expect to attract some flak for this post, but hope others respect an alternate view. Merry Christmas all, I wonder what goodies Santa will bring me to add to my Puma!
Some pics would be nice. Also, if you're in the UK removing the rear wiper would be an mot failure.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

If you wish to keep your car unmodified, that’s fine. If you wish to modify it, that’s fine too.

Totally agree with you 100% I've always modified my cars, more often than not visual mods and sometimes mechanical.

Yes yes yes yes I do want mine to look like an ST. reason I didn't buy an ST, because I couldn't f*****g afford one, end of. So if I want it to look like an ST then that's my business, I'm not asking anyone else to pay for the mods. Besides manufacturers do great job of making models very similar to the performance models, the just put a "line" in the badge.
Rant over, bring it on 😜
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁