Ford Performance ST lip retro fit - DONE!

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's not for me, basically because it's too much effort and spare time is spent doing other things...However, I don't have any problems with anyone making their cars look how they want.
(I've seen some shockers around here though). If it makes you happy then it can't be a bad thing.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:33 pm if you're in the UK removing the rear wiper would be an mot failure.
The rear wiper is not part of the MOT test so there would be no issues removing it in that respect , but this is one modification I just don't understand.
The rear window of a hatchback car gets dirtier than a saloon car, so a wiper is genuinely useful.
I believe that people do the rear wiper delete because they think it looks neater without it, but even in my younger boy racer days this is not something I would even consider.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

I respect your views, but for me, although visibility through the rear window would normally give a better view, in rainy conditions I find the door mirrors are sufficient, especially during a downpour on motorways, when no matter how much the rear wiper clears, visibility is often still very poor. One reason for removing the wiper is to de-clutter the rear and make it easier to clean. However, and maybe I’m just unlucky, the main reason is to remove the threat of getting more deep scratches in the glass, which has happened on a Fiesta, and now on the Puma. My car is cleaned weekly, but grit has somehow still managed to put deep scratches in the glass on two occasions; that threat has now been removed (although the scratches remain!). On balance, I’m happy with my decision, but it’s not something I would die in a ditch for! Each to his own.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
UbF

Post by UbF »

Rainx the glass. Or whatever nanocoat you prefer. Nothing will stick to it after that.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

UbF wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:56 am Rainx the glass.
Rain X is a good product and I have used it many times, however it is designed mainly for use on windscreen and side windows because it requires airflow to work effectively.
I have always thought that watching all the water droplets disappear off the windscreen as you increase speed looks like the Millennium Falcon going into hyperspace. :lol:
I suppose it couldn't hurt to apply it to the rear screen, but it will be less effective.
UbF

Post by UbF »

More effective than no rear wiper :) And it lasts longer as its not wiped off!
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

UbF wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:37 am More effective than no rear wiper :) And it lasts longer as its not wiped off!
Agreed. :)