How are you buying your Puma.

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Hi can someone please help me with the abbreviations?
PCP, GVF, RPI??🙄 🤷‍♂️
I think I got a good deal on my Puma… for Dutch standards. I notice prices may vary in each country. For instance I’m on holiday in Thailand 🇹🇭 at the moment and just checked the price of a NISSAN Quashqai here… only €23.000,- 😳. In the Netherlands this goes from €45.000,- so it really depends on where you are in de world…
Anyhow my Puma is an import from Germany 🇩🇪, it had 48km on the counter (I still call that NEW✨) it was offered here for €37.950,- while the price on the Ford website for mine with all the options would come at €42.835,- on top of that I got a good price (€14.500,- ) for my 2019 Fiësta ST-line MK8 that I bought for only €16.750,- 3 years ago. So in the end I just needed to pay €23.450,- which I paid in cash. I even sealed the door sills in the deal 😉 👍🏻

IMG_8392.jpeg

IMG_8393.jpeg

Last edited by Sanny on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
🇳🇱 Amsterdam

Fantastic Red Puma ST-Line X 155bhp, automatic, full options except full leather interior, massage seats and tow-bar, but who cares… ☺️

seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sanny wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:18 am Hi can someone please help me with the abbreviations?
PCP, GVF, RPI??🙄 🤷‍♂️
Personal Contract Purchase - method of financing a vehicle, with lower monthly payments than Hire Purchase, but you have a final "balloon" payment that is usually very high but is usually around the....

Guaranteed Future Value

Not sure on RPI (retail price index??)
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

seyahremmus wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:44 am
Sanny wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:18 am Hi can someone please help me with the abbreviations?
PCP, GVF, RPI??🙄 🤷‍♂️
Personal Contract Purchase - method of financing a vehicle, with lower monthly payments than Hire Purchase, but you have a final "balloon" payment that is usually very high but is usually around the....

Guaranteed Future Value

Not sure on RPI (retail price index??)
Thanks Seyahremmus❣️😊
🇳🇱 Amsterdam

Fantastic Red Puma ST-Line X 155bhp, automatic, full options except full leather interior, massage seats and tow-bar, but who cares… ☺️
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Yeh, the GFV changed just before I picked mine up 18mths ago. This was due to a slight change (if I remember) to the APR. I was given a GFV of £14500 after 3 years. However, I could have taken a slightly lower monthly payment but the GFV was a couple of grand more. Swings and roundabouts really. But, I know I'm going to have quite a few £0000 when I come to swap it in.
TheSherriff70

Post by TheSherriff70 »

Interesting that I ordered my car on 2.9% apr in March.
They are currently offering 0%, so I was able to take advantage of that….
However, the Guaranteed future Value has decreased, so my payments have actually increased by £6 a month.

Second hand car prices are starting to fall…..
My Volvo XC40 has decreased £3500 since June, which is much more than standard monthly depreciation…
As new cars come through, the nearly new cars aren’t as desirable….. I spoke to a trader who told me they were creating artificial waiting times on new cars, until they clear their stocks…..
Grey Matter Puma ST. Performance pack.
Car cleaning geek.
Mike

Post by Mike »

My puma was purchased on a pcp deal ( 1st time) , low rate , good deal and got the cash back off my trade in, when I sold it I only lost about 1k in 30 months so there was enough equity in it to put a good deposit down on the bmw which Is again on a pcp, not so good rate but if all goes ok I might pay it off early. Will see how this pcp goes before deciding on what I do with my next purchase. When I bought the bmw lease deals weren’t any cheaper so with the pcp I’m not stuck with it until the end of the contract and hopefully have a deposit for the next one.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Nigel70767

Post by Nigel70767 »

I had a good px and topped that up with cash. Its the first time I have ever had a brand new car that's been paid for when I picked it up.
Prior to this, I usually buy using a standard 3 year finance deal.
Deleted User 2212

Post by Deleted User 2212 »

We sold one car back to the main dealer and traded our other car in for our new Puma, as we are trying out a single car between us until my Son is ready to drive. Had the cash ready to pay outright and secured a great deal on a car in stock ready to go. The guy then asked why we were paying outright when there was 0% on PCP deal for 2 years. An absolute no-brainer with current interest rates the way they are. Just need to lock in a nice rate once the cash arrives in my account for the trade in. :)