Lights or lack of them

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

If you jave full led they are quite good, I dont understand Ford, they produce two types full and led low and halogen high beam ( this is not too expensive for them. I have led/halogen model...yes excellentbled light as low beam, but I would like to change halogen H1 to led

woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

Mikibg wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:15 pm So we don't need to remove bumper??

No, the bumper does NOT need to be removed, only the headlight, and after doing once it is then easy.

My technique for headlight removal [assuming removing the RHS headlight]:
> remove the electrical connection and wiring from the 2 clips
> undo & remove the 3 Torx locating screws
> lift the tag that mounts at the bumber a little so the plastic locating lug is free
> lift the rear of the light a little, whilst rotating inwards [keep your eye on that lug mentioned above]
> with the headlamp rotated slightly [enough to free the rear from the front wing], lift upwards to pull the locator out of it's clip.
[the locator & clip are under the headlight & unseen]
> continue to rotate & lift out the headlight

Notes:
I found it easier to use a bonnet prop on the right so the normal prop can be left down & out of the way.
Don't force anything, it comes out with minimal effort [with the correct technique]
Living Down under with 2 Puma's;
2020, 92KW, Desert Island Blue
2022 with Park Assist and Powered Tailgate, 92KW, Magnetic
Trev747

Post by Trev747 »

As a point of interest it’s worth noting that the Puma’s lights are set into the front body at around 45 degrees, and this can result in frost or ice forming a lot easier than other light housings that are set a lot more more vertically on other vehicles. I discovered this the other morning when I thought my headlights had failed but in fact just needed the deep frost to be cleared! So, when scraping the ice off of your Puma don’t forget the lights!
ST- Line X Auto Driver Assist, Magnetic
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

My dip beams are LED projectors and OK. But the main beams are very poor H1 halogen bulbs.

I have just fitted "Fahren H1 LED Headlight Bulb, 60W 12000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2" which I purchased on Amazon.

They are amazing, good even beam and very bright. It was a little fiddly fitting into the left headlamp due to lack of clearance but a bit of wiggling got them in.
I am very happy with them.
Living Down under with 2 Puma's;
2020, 92KW, Desert Island Blue
2022 with Park Assist and Powered Tailgate, 92KW, Magnetic
Perfod

Post by Perfod »

My highbeam point directly up in the sky ,,, amazing ;-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Desert Blue