New Puma Wi-fi

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Anyone know if wi-fi/data comes free for 3 or 12 months with a new car or has it been binned.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AFAIK it's still there, 3 months or 3 GB whichever is used up first.....Then onto the ridiculous Vodafone contract....I doubt many have taken it up.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Can't remember if the owner needs to activate it and how.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Rizmo wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:14 pm Can't remember if the owner needs to activate it and how.

I don’t know if this helps https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... fi-hotspot
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

Yes, I'm sure you can use your mobile phone as a hot spot, no need to pay for extra mobile conract.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thanks lightfoot, There is a free trial period and I think it's with Vodaphone so i'll give it a miss. On a previous car I received 1 years free wifi/data which was good then the charges came in which were ridiculous. I binned it right away.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

I suspect like most people I didn’t bother activating the trial. However I can see that it would be useful for keeping the kiddies quiet on their phones or tablets in the back on long journeys.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Compared with the costs through Ford for such things, it's probably a lot more cost effective to buy a simfree wifi hotspot and source a good deal off a comparison site for a sim only data package.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

That's what I did with Three. Various mi-fi data packages and they pretty much work anywhere, not just the UK.
jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

I bought a mifi unit (£30+) and by-passed ford / Vodafone. Tuned in no problem. Also my model of mifi allows 30 people to tune in at the same time and has a longer range than car WiFi. Also it is small enough to carry in your pocket and if you don't want to use your phone data up your phone uses it as well. I never activated the Vodafone WiFi. As somebody else get enough data on your phone and you can use your phone as the hotspot.
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.