Tyre pressure sensors.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

I had my Puma for over a year before I could find out how to reset the tyre pressure monitoring system. It turned out that my Manual had the "Select Vehicle" line missing from the followingcorrect version:

Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Vehicles With: 12.3 Inch Instrument Cluster Display Screen

You must reset the tire pressure monitoring system after each tire replacement, tire rotation or after inflating the tires to the correct tire pressure.
Note: If you have a new sensor or have rotated the vehicle tires, park your vehicle for at least 20 minutes, before resetting the system.
Note: The tire pressure monitoring system automatically re-learns the tire pressure sensors the next time you drive your vehicle for approximately 15 minutes.

Press the menu button on the steering wheel to enter the information display main menu.

Select Settings.

Select Vehicle.

Select Tire Pressure.

Press and hold the OK button until the system reset confirmation appears.

However even when I did get that bit done, I still could not see the display of the 4 tyre pressures, even though I had ticked tyre pressures in the Display Screen section. I have eventually discovered that this is because I had three displays ticked and if you choose a trip display you can only have one other item displayed from the list, and to see it you have to toggle the OK button. None of this was covered in the 400 plus page manual!
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155