TPMS and App

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Hoping someone can help me here.

My TPMS warning came on yesterday for all 4 tyres. I checked and the readings on the dash were correct. They had all dropped marginally but enough to activate the warning. Strange all 4 on the same day at the same time!

Anyho, I topped them up according to the data on the door pillar and was expecting the warning light to go out once they were at a suitable level (as it does in our Fiesta) but it didn’t.

I went through the menu on the dash and stored the tyre pressures (I believe this sets the benchmark the TPMS works from). The warning light went out. So far so good perhaps.

On the App (both normal and Pro) the readings are showing as per the dash and saying normal but I am still getting the warning message pop up?

Have I missed something or should I not have stored the pressure readings earlier.

Thanks in advance
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Mike

Post by Mike »

Not had it on the puma, I know my van you just reset it and that’s it gone, also if I park my van in a pool of water that can sometimes set it off.
My bmw worked it out from wheel speed
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

It’s all reset in the car, it’s just getting rid of the vehicle alert in the app.

Hopefully it’ll sort itself out once I’ve had a drive and the app realises.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Has it sorted itself now? You can actually reset the App by simply swiping it down when the App is open. It should then say 'updated just now' rather than when you last drove your Puma and so now give you a topical read out!
Ford TPM's require wheel rotation to be completely reset.
That said you may not be aware TPM's as fitted to the tyre valve on the inside of your wheel, have a battery which by all accounts will last between 4-5 years. They are a throw away item as you cannot renew the battery. Trouble is it is very possible that some TPM's as fitted during build may already be somewhat older than your car. So don't be surprised if at some point they fail and you get a TPM warning.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thank you.

All sorted now. Just checked both apps and no warnings/alerts and back to normal.

I did go out last night so I don’t know whether a drive helped or whether it was the app(s) that were slow to catch up.

👍🏻
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rays1,that is a sound piece of advice. Will benefit us all.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just seen it on the pro version, you have to drive for 10 min to clear the warning
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

👍🏻
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

C69C8513-8819-4D04-899D-271C84E63816.png

Are the TPMS valves covered under warranty?

I ask because my rear O/s always shows a couple of pounds lower than the n/s even though I check them with my pump. Both are normally filled to 30psi.

Just checking now in the app with the tyres cold at 8:40am and I get this.

I know the fronts should be 33 and the rears 30 but I a bet that when I check the two rears will be almost the same.

I visually check that tyre regularly and it never looks low. 26 seems very low to me.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

There might be a reset in the menus or maybe something in the manual.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.