Possible new owner, reassurance needed!

All Ford Puma related discussions
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm We're all missing something, some more than others meaning the long wait for delivery. The emission debate is silly regarding the UK. China, India and US are responsible for more than 90% of world pollution. But this is a car forum, maybe we should all stick to the good bits like enjoying our Pumas.
TBH I never asked any questions about the emissions of the Puma :roll:

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No you probably didn't. And I never raised any.
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:40 pm No you probably didn't. And I never raised any.
JFDIT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm Yes, apparently there is a move to BEVs due to fossil fuels allegedly contributing to global warming. Real cars are no longer allowed. The fact that the UK's contribution to carbon emissions equates to less than 1% of the world's total, I'm still expected to drive BEVs and Hybrids to save the planet whilst Waitrose fly in Advocados at huge carbon expense. Am I missing something?
:!: :roll:

So anyway for reference the thread is not about emissions in any way whatsoever so no need for anyone to bring it up thanks.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

182_blue
I bought my Puma about two months ago, and am very pleased with it. No issues to report.
I was originally going to buy a Focus, but didn't want to wait the seven months for a factory order. The Puma was already in stock. Having owned the Puma for a while, I now prefer it!
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Blooming ell, we've not given the OP much reassurance IMHO.

Well, I've had my motor a month now, its comfy, fast enough, sweet gearbox, plenty of toys even though I don't have the DAP or power tailgate, etc.
Best feature? Remote start via the Fordpass app as it been useful warming the car up on crappy mornings.
ENJOY!
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm Mine was so bad with poor quality control and flat battery issues I've just sold it. Yes, my 6 month old car wouldn't start after a 500 mile trip. Dealer couldn't find any fault.
Regrettably, I'll never buy another Ford. You decide.
Caveat Emptor.
Yes, seems a nightmare car and good luck with your future motors.
Your contributions and issues documented have really helped others in making a more informed decision whether to pursue the car/brand.
STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm
JFDIT wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm Mine was so bad with poor quality control and flat battery issues I've just sold it. Yes, my 6 month old car wouldn't start after a 500 mile trip. Dealer couldn't find any fault.
Regrettably, I'll never buy another Ford. You decide.
Caveat Emptor.
I hope you have a better experience than this XC40 - https://www.xc40forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2016
Had you read his experience, would you have gone Volvo?
Just shows, that it's not always advisable to go with one rotten egg report on a forum maybe... ;)
'One' rotten egg is quite amusing :-)
I was all in for an ST, but I'd say reading through enough rotten egg stories here to run a chicken farm, it has dissuaded me otherwise. But a big thanks to all those who have documented their many issues.

One often finds on car forums, when one questions someone's (often PCP loaned) car, the recipient(s) get disproportionately defensive. Well, until they eventually sell 'their car', 'buy' , sorry, PCP loan something else, and the pattern then repeats on another forum when another person has the audacity to question their latest flavour of the 3 years.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@STer, thanks for your kind words.
I've always bought my cars cash and am a real petrol head which is why I was so disappointed with my Puma. Guess I was just unlucky with this one rotten egg.

Venturing into Volvo Care Subscription is a first for me, I wouldn't have considered it had I been able to source another new vehicle easily and quickly. I'd be happy to report on the Volvo and the Subscription service but clearly this would be the wrong forum and I suspect anything I said would be argued by some anyway!
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:58 am @STer, thanks for your kind words.
I've always bought my cars cash and am a real petrol head which is why I was so disappointed with my Puma. Guess I was just unlucky with this one rotten egg.

Venturing into Volvo Care Subscription is a first for me, I wouldn't have considered it had I been able to source another new vehicle easily and quickly. I'd be happy to report on the Volvo and the Subscription service but clearly this would be the wrong forum and I suspect anything I said would be argued by some anyway!
I think the issue is it can come across as either bitterness or trolling especially as you came back just to tell people etc, when I rejected my RS I was already member of the RS forum and told people what happened to my car and then just left, no need to wind up the current owner's IMO as it will only go one way.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I came back to report the Battery had failed and the car had to be towed away. Foolishly I believed this might assist others on the forum who are suffering from low charged batteries. And being a techie, an engineer and car enthusiast I would love to find out what the actual issue is Ford are having.
Clearly a Ford Puma Owners site is the wrong place for that.