Delivery Dates

All Ford Puma related discussions
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

If it helps, I put in an order for a Titanium in Magnetic last week and was told a possible delivery date of March 2022 but that was best guess and most likely will be later than that and that it will be a 22 plate. Apparently very little information coming from Ford but the dealer thought the Puma production was starting up again in November.

Also they are ordering on the basis it’s full spec and not the Design spec

I thought it was quite sad to see the dealership empty of either new or used cars.

Good luck with the delivery, I think it will be worth the wait!

bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

Vendee - re your 2 Fiesta part-exchanges, here is our experience:
My wife has had a new Mini on order since the early summer and it is now supposed to be arriving mid-November (being pushed back on a regular basis).

We too had 2 part-exchange cars with prices agreed with the Mini supplier. We chopped one into them straight away as it was nearing the end of its MOT, but the other one - her 9 year old Fiat 500 runabout - we kept until the new car was due to arrive.

At the time of placing the order the dealer agree £3,220 for the FIAT and this was better than the £2,950 from WBACar.
HOWEVER, as the summer passed, both WBAC and M'Way began to up their offers as the second-hand market took off, and yesterday we sold the Fiat for £3,700 through the latter - we had even had a slightly higher offer elsewhere but had given our word to the eventual buyer.

So, you might have some fun on those two web-sites to compare with the P/Ex prices you have been given.
Our Mini supplier didn't care whether we did the P/Ex or gave them the £3,220 cash in the new Mini deal, and I don't expect your dealer would either.

Bernard.
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

Just had this from my dealer

There is currently no updates on the builds for Fiesta, Focus, Puma or Ecosport but they have all been delayed. There is potential for the build and delivery to go into 2022 but until the car generates a build date there is no further information from Ford to give a more accurate idea.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You chaps have more patience than I. When I bought mine I told them if they couldn't get me one within a fortnight not to bother - No patience -. I wouldn't have had one if I had to wait this long.
I was in the dealers yesterday, they offered me plenty for mine, but if I ordered a new one, then the wait would take me into next year. I declined the offer, I can't really better what I already have and it has less than 8,000 miles on the clock.
Good luck to all of you waiting....Hope things change for the better. :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Sparks wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:38 pm You chaps have more patience than I. When I bought mine I told them if they couldn't get me one within a fortnight not to bother - No patience -. I wouldn't have had one if I had to wait this long.
I was in the dealers yesterday, they offered me plenty for mine, but if I ordered a new one, then the wait would take me into next year. I declined the offer, I can't really better what I already have and it has less than 8,000 miles on the clock.
Good luck to all of you waiting....Hope things change for the better. :)
I don't know about patience but I do know that if I were to buy my order model, used from somewhere like Motorpoint, I'd be getting something 6 months old with 5K on the clock and be paying £2000 more for it...... that's the only reason I'm holding on.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

bbtablet wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 am Vendee - re your 2 Fiesta part-exchanges, here is our experience:

At the time of placing the order the dealer agree £3,220 for the FIAT and this was better than the £2,950 from WBACar.
HOWEVER, as the summer passed, both WBAC and M'Way began to up their offers as the second-hand market took off, and yesterday we sold the Fiat for £3,700 through the latter - we had even had a slightly higher offer elsewhere but had given our word to the eventual buyer.

So, you might have some fun on those two web-sites to compare with the P/Ex prices you have been given.
Our Mini supplier didn't care whether we did the P/Ex or gave them the £3,220 cash in the new Mini deal, and I don't expect your dealer would either.

Bernard.
You may be right but I don't really want the hassle of selling the two Fiestas independently. Timing the sale of our existing cars to match the unpredictable delivery of the Puma would be difficult. We live in rural East Anglia which makes using public transport for any length of time quite difficult if we found ourselves without a car.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

Snap! - even down to 2 trade-ins, trying to time it, AND East Anglia with no public transport!
All I would say is have a look at Christchurch Garage in Ipswich - Adrian - he bought ours and was very accommodating re timings.
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Dealer is trying to sell me a new car, attempting to give the same spec as I have now. They reckon that if I order now then the delivery date will be April!! :shock:
Not sure it's worth doing just to get a new car next year. They are offering £20,500 for the April trade in, I'll probably stick where I am at the moment. Come April mine will still have only done around 10/11,000 miles, barely run in.. :D
Besides, lack of patience won't allow me to wait... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.