Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Count me in , I've the K4 and use it on the car. I have the variable lance attachment.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm I don't have an outside tap that works, so I use a cordless Worx Hydroshot. Ideal for wetting and rinsing the car and applying foam etc. as it is low(ish) power. A couple of 10 litre buckets is more than enough for a good wash.
I’d be keen to hear your thoughts on them, pressure and battery life etc. I looked at these a while back to use for smaller, quicker tasks (maintenance washes on not so dirty cars or just doing the wheels) where the pressure of the Karcher wasn’t necessary.

Karcher’s can be used on water butts, ponds, buckets etc with an accessory hose and filter but I’ve not tried it.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
alanp

Post by alanp »

Another one here who cleans with a karcher k5, I use mine no probs on the car, mine has the adjustable wand that lights up as you adjust the pressure for different cleaning jobs, no2 is ok for the car, I also have a k4 as back up but haven’t used for about a year now, I have the hose that connects to the water butt but I’ve found it takes a while for the water to get to the m/c, not sure if it’s doing it any good as they’re water cooled ( afaik) , I’ve tried priming it but my delicate little fingers get cold in the winter, 😀
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Yes, another member of the K5 club here. I suppose when they get to K9 it will have to look like a dog. Maybe it will lick the car clean.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Neil, are you gonna try Autoglyms new ceramic spray?
alanp

Post by alanp »

paulcurtis wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 pm Yes, another member of the K5 club here. I suppose when they get to K9 it will have to look like a dog. Maybe it will lick the car clean.
It might lift its leg and do it that way :D
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:14 pm Neil, are you gonna try Autoglyms new ceramic spray?
I was looking at it. Trying to do some research into whether there are any issues/restriction with application as a top up over a paste wax application (I’m using a ceramic infused wax at the minute).

Autoglym seem to be playing catch up in the ceramic market but it could be they’ve been working away to get the formula right to avoid issues that others have. That said, they don’t do a bad product, all of which are compatible with each other so I think it would be a safe bet.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yeah I read that I will go on top of EGP if necessary, they liken it to rapid aqua wax on steroids...

I'm on that 🐢 wax ceramic spray at the moment and can't buy anymore.....😁😁
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

The Graphene Flex range? I’ve heard good things about that.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 pm The Graphene Flex range? I’ve heard good things about that.
No pal, the hybrid range. Good beading.