New puma died

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Sparks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 pm Someone else had trouble similar to this and it was determined that the battery needed changing (There has been problems with the Rombat 12v batteries). However, the dealer wouldn't change it until Ford had OK'd it as they didn't want to carry the cost.
Yours may have a different problem. The Dealers comment about it not being run enough is rubbish, I've been given that one as the cause for 'Deep sleep mode' activating. They just say it because they have no idea and won't accept that the batteries are faulty.
They called me today asking how long I had left standing, how often I am notified it's in deep sleep. I told them I only had the car back 6 days from when they fixed it and I will not have my driving blamed. They quickly back tracked. If I can't drive it as little as I want or need them it isn't fit for purpose.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pumanic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm
Sparks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 pm Someone else had trouble similar to this and it was determined that the battery needed changing (There has been problems with the Rombat 12v batteries). However, the dealer wouldn't change it until Ford had OK'd it as they didn't want to carry the cost.
Yours may have a different problem. The Dealers comment about it not being run enough is rubbish, I've been given that one as the cause for 'Deep sleep mode' activating. They just say it because they have no idea and won't accept that the batteries are faulty.
They called me today asking how long I had left standing, how often I am notified it's in deep sleep. I told them I only had the car back 6 days from when they fixed it and I will not have my driving blamed. They quickly back tracked. If I can't drive it as little as I want or need them it isn't fit for purpose.
I couldn't agree more. I drove my last car (Ford Fiesta Active) less during the first lock down without any problems....It's just a stock answer because they don't know or won't admit to the problem.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Sparks wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Pumanic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm
I couldn't agree more. I drove my last car (Ford Fiesta Active) less during the first lock down without any problems....It's just a stock answer because they don't know or won't admit to the problem.
It's such a shame, I love driving it. I have had 2 fiestas and a grandland x as courtesy cars during these issues and they aren't a patch on my puma
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Pumanic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm They called me today asking how long I had left standing
Were you the first owner. Had it from delivery mileage?
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Chocky wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:06 pm
Pumanic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm They called me today asking how long I had left standing
Were you the first owner. Had it from delivery mileage?
Yes. Had single figure mileage on the clock