Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:32 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:46 pm I wish I could clean mine like you all do, but I get bored after 1/2 an hour
😄😂😄....... Classic!

I'd be quick and take Neil up on his generous offer. 😁
The irony is I’ve retired early so have got all the time in the world to spend cleaning it. Maybe I’ll try and work my way up to doing a more detailed job as a “hobby” (my Fiesta got only 1 or sometimes 2 washes a year, so at 4 months the Puma is already ahead of the game)

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Like with everything, it’s all about enjoyment. We all have chores we love to do and those we look to avoid (for me it’s gardening)
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

It's not easy forcing yourself to do something you're not that 'into', nor is it cheap to get yourself set up with all the bits you need. I've spent a small fortune recently on shiny potions and lotions.

That said there's a fair amount of chemicals about now to make the job so much easier, quicker and longer lasting.

Perhaps you could look for an on the drive detailer and treat your puma a couple of times a year. This would make in between cleaning (maintenance wash) a nice and simple task for you. 👍
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I’m going to try and get into giving it a weekly wash (like a couple of the neighbours do) and see how it goes

If I can get into that then it shouldn’t be too much of a leap to give it an occasional snow foam etc.

When I washed it the other day it was because that morning a bird (or flock) splattered the whole bonnet :shock:
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’m sure birds have a good laugh to themselves after they poo on a clean car.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They sit on the telegraph wire watching me with their beady little eyes waiting for me to finish....

I wouldn't mind but I buy them bags of sunflower hearts to eat every week..... 😳
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I live a mile from the sea so seagulls everywhere in all weathers, doesn't matter. These truly are king of the flying dump machines. Some neighbours have bird tables/boxes and that's fatal for cars. When there is berries on the nearby trees it's even worse than usual. Looks like beetroot stains. Lesson, ban feeding wild birds and reduce the problem, they will look elsewhere. You will never see a skinny seagull.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

NeilS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:59 pm
paulcurtis wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:22 pm I think I'll be doing mine this week. I use wax (Simoniz Original Carnauba Wax) rather than polish.
I sure you know wax and polish are different products 👍🏻
Thank you, yes, I do indeed, hence my comment. Just in case anyone doesn't appreciate that they are not the same, polish has an abrasive element, and wax doesn't. Unless the car needs polish, I use a wax.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

It's the wheels I hate doing, firstly because they are so fiddly, and secondly this old man has to bend down. I am not keen on using the pressure washer, but I may snow foam the wheels and use the pressure washer on them only (although by the time I schlep out the pressure washer, connect the hose, plug it in, unwind the pressure hose, connect the foamer and so on, I could probably have used a sponge.)

Also, I simply cannot get as good a finish from a microfibre cloth as I can from a quality, genuine chamois. Is it me?
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

NeilS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm Like with everything, it’s all about enjoyment. We all have chores we love to do and those we look to avoid (for me it’s gardening)
My role is to supply ballast and brute force. I am not allowed near flowers.