Engine management light

All Ford Puma related discussions
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

: I have booked my car into the dealership on Thursday due to my engine management light coming on. Two faults came up on my ford app

The Engine Control System has detected an electrical issue with one of the exhaust emission sensors.What Is Happening?

The powertrain control system has detected that the DC/DC converter temperature is too high. These are the two faults dunno if they are connected or if they are part of the same fault
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Two different faults. Exhaust emission sensor is the lambda or oxygen senor screwed into the exhaust. Sounds like wiring fault.

The DC/DC converter fault is more interesting. I take it the weather in Fife ain't +50 degrees right now?!
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Interesting cos approx 15 later I got a message on my dash (charging error service now) on a red surrounding box it disappeared when I pressed ok probably should mention this to dealer
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

It also showed red battery
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

15 what, minutes, days, miles, boyfriends?

Yes to the dealer with it. You probably need a new DC/DC unit.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Mins lol
Andi

Post by Andi »

I had the exhaust sensor fault a little while back. All fixed by dealer.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Car booked into dealer on Thursday at 9am Got phonecall at 3pmto advise I needed control sensor and or DC/DC convertor but wouldn't be in till Saturday and would do job on Monday then would have to check everything was ok so it would be Tuesday before I got car back. I asked about a courtesy car and was advised they would be phone me Friday I received the phone call to tell me they have sorted it with ford hire and they would be touch soon and also the part wouldn't be in till at least April 1st as the part was coming from Germany.Needless to say they did not phone I had to phone them who knew nothing about it eventually got it sorted hire car coming tomorrow apparently .the point I'm trying to make is the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing . I have given ford my business for many years as have my family but for my next car I will reconsider another brand
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Sorry about the big rant but so pissed off with dealership they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery they could have made my life better if they had done the organisation of the hire car. By the way I had to pay £100 refundable deposit
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Rant away all you want if it helps. If the DC/DC module was broken then ask dealer tomorrow to check and charge the 12V battery, or that they should be prepared to replace it when they replace the DC/DC. Ask for battery report because you don't want to be going back there in a few months with other problems.