Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

Hi
I have always changed engine oil & filter every year and my puma is now a year old, I know its not due officially for two years but I thought I would get it done, two ford garages quoted £150 and £170. Surely this is a bit excessive but does anyone know why there should be such a cost as I have never paid that much before.
Puma 125 Frozen White

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

bazzer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am Hi
I have always changed engine oil & filter every year and my puma is now a year old, I know its not due officially for two years but I thought I would get it done, two ford garages quoted £150 and £170. Surely this is a bit excessive but does anyone know why there should be such a cost as I have never paid that much before.
Puma 125 Frozen White
You can get a 'Convenience Check' sometimes called an 'Interim Service' for around £40. This will check the car and fluids including the oil and top up if necessary. It will also renew your Ford Assistance for another year.
You are being quoted for a Service not just a filter and oil change.
Halfords will do an oil and filter change using original Ford parts for around £70 if the dealer won't.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Try a local independent. I'm sure they'll be glad for your business.
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

Hi
The first garage said about the convenience check but wanted over £100, just for the check only the other one did'nt mention that check just said it takes up to hour and a half to change oil. I thought the trade would be welcomed! I can go to a local garage who say they can do it without affecting the warranty, just thought the ford agent would be more helpful.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

bazzer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:30 pm Hi
The first garage said about the convenience check but wanted over £100, just for the check only the other one did'nt mention that check just said it takes up to hour and a half to change oil. I thought the trade would be welcomed! I can go to a local garage who say they can do it without affecting the warranty, just thought the ford agent would be more helpful.
Once they've sold you the car they aren't bothered. They only have a service section because Ford tell them they have to... :(
The Convenience check is on offer at many dealers shop around.
Or, as WD says, find a good independent.
Check out this thread with some dealer offers for convenience check....AFAIK they are still valid.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=653&p=6346&hilit=service#p6346
Mike

Post by Mike »

Unless there is something weird about these engines an oil change should not take longer than say 15 - 20 mins by the time it has been put on a ramp.
You can get any vat registered garage to carry out the work and if you use a Ford oil filter and the correct oil everything should be ok.
I was quoted 50 for a convenience check.
If your not planning on keeping the car I wouldn’t worry.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just dropped car off for a few issues mainly the noise after first start up.
If my car requires a gearbox repair would you allow them to do it or reject the car ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Dealers don't do rejects and will fight tooth and nail to avoid that. they would pass it to Ford to sort it and that would be a very slow process.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

What is the actual reason for this slot? All I can think of is for parking cards or similar? Note: photo taken from a different car to mine - found on facebook site.

142205003_3818745964812242_933093229102892315_o.jpg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AFAIK you are correct, I used mine to hold the card that opens the gate to work car park. I guess it's only limited by your imagination.... :D