New member looking to buy

All Ford Puma related discussions
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Would definitely recommend carwow as others have. I took the quote to my local independent (bypassing the local franchise Invicta Motors, would never touch them again!) and they showed me they would make Β£300 of a loss at that price, whether or not they were being truthful or not I'm not sure, but they eventually accepted that price after 'speaking to their manager'.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack

paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I got about Β£2300 off the list price for my Vignale, with the Driver Assistance pack. That was after ringing around seven or eight dealers in West Sussex. I haven't bought a new car since 1979 :lol: and I was surprised at the variability in discount offered.

I am very pleased with the Vignale by and large, with just a couple of niggles. I would have preferred a softer ride, but on most roads it matters little.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Thanks for all the help. I'm getting a much clearer idea of the deals available now.

Sparks. Sounds like I'm going to have to get my squaddie mate to buy it for me then.

Actually I've found a lot of special discounts to armed forces, NHS staff, etc. to be a bit bogus in the past as I've got retailers to discount to similar levels anyway, but you can always argue that you won't buy the product unless they will offer you a similar deal.

Ford are fairly well known for their discounting though and I have come away with some decent deals in the past. Their final offer is never their final offer πŸ˜€
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

cianpars wrote: ↑Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:07 am Thanks for all the help. I'm getting a much clearer idea of the deals available now.

Sparks. Sounds like I'm going to have to get my squaddie mate to buy it for me then.

Actually I've found a lot of special discounts to armed forces, NHS staff, etc. to be a bit bogus in the past as I've got retailers to discount to similar levels anyway, but you can always argue that you won't buy the product unless they will offer you a similar deal.

Ford are fairly well known for their discounting though and I have come away with some decent deals in the past. Their final offer is never their final offer πŸ˜€
I get the discount through the Defence Discount Card, which is run alongside the Bluelight card for the emergency services. I've saved a packet over the time I've had it, just on eating out (curbed a bit at the moment.. :( ). It's nothing like the 'Thank you NHS' discounts knocking around. The main advantage is that there is no need to haggle and often I get freebies thrown in. :)
I didn't try it for my Puma though as the dealer gave me a really good discount.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

I managed to save just over Β£2600 off my my Vignale which is on order, with grey matter paint, DAP, pano sunroof and the powerlift tailgate, was quite happy with that. Just shows how much profit they can get on top of Ford sales bonuses from people who don't look around!
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Looks like you have an awesome car on order,all those extras Should be standard on the vignale
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Ali7487 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 pm Looks like you have an awesome car on order,all those extras Should be standard on the vignale
They absolutely should. Even if without the pano roof (not sure everyone likes those, I was in 2 minds myself).

Pick it up Friday :)
2020 Puma ST Performance

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They are called options because they aren't necessary, more desired and they need something to boost the profits. That said, some of the optional safety features should, IMO, be standard across the range, which I'm sure will be in the distant future.
They are already cutting equipment to save money now that the model has started to take off and they want to expand the market downward. Personally, I won't want one with less than I have and when time comes to change, which may influence staying with the brand or not.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im looking for a titanium,some non hybrids around at under 19k with everything on them including comfort pack,driver assist pack,power tailgate,digital dash board,im not sure weather to go for one of wait for a hybrid to come with all that stuff on,a new one is out of question due to finance,im in no rush to change as my fiesta is just over 2 years old
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The prices are all over the shop....You can pick up a ST-Line X First edition for the same price as some are selling titanium models for.
If you are on a PCP how much your Fiesta is costing a month at the moment and how much profit (if any) they are offering you to swap.
My dealer was desperate for me to swap the Active, but, it took a while to get them to see sense and offer one at a decent price. I see that used ones are commanding more than I paid new at the moment.
You either have to bite the bullet or have lots of patience. ;)