Auto lights

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the car to default to headlamps/parking lights OFF please?

Every time I power up the car it switches to AUTO lights

Another thing I've noticed is that if I unlock the car with my watch (not tried from the phone app yet) the power lift doesn't operate when opened (had to manually lift/close it). It was fine again once I locked/unlocked normally. Anyone else noticed this please?

Thanks

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Have you had a look in Owners Manual >> Headlamps section

Can't help with tailgate issue, mines not that fancy ;)
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Auto lights are set by the physical switch to the right of the steering wheel. Just turn it to off and that will be the setting used when starting.
Not sure why your tailgate acts like that.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Sparks wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:28 pm Auto lights are set by the physical switch to the right of the steering wheel. Just turn it to off and that will be the setting used when starting.
Not sure why your tailgate acts like that.
Hi Sparks, the only light switch I can find is the round dial one

But if I turn the wheel to off position when car is turned back on it's back at auto by itself
Deleted User 361

sinlessUK wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:15 pm Have you had a look in Owners Manual >> Headlamps section

Can't help with tailgate issue, mines not that fancy ;)
Sadly can't see an answer in there

Re Tailgate, I'm just lazy so opted for it
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the car to default to headlamps/parking lights OFF please?

Think this is for safety. How many cars do you see driving around with only Drl's lighting the way with no rear lights on. I see them daily.

I always leave mine in auto and let the car decide when lights should be on.

It's possibly programmable but you'll need to know someone with forscan etc.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm Another thing I've noticed is that if I unlock the car with my watch (not tried from the phone app yet) the power lift doesn't operate when opened (had to manually lift/close it). It was fine again once I locked/unlocked normally. Anyone else noticed this please?
Just off the top of my head have you checked the unlock settings? Is it set to drivers door only or all doors.

If I unlock with the app then all doors unlock, with keyless it's drivers door only. With key it's one press for drivers door, two for all. The tailgate has its own button. I have an st line x FE. Mine seems old spec now as they've added bits, but sadly removed bits too. Be careful you don't strip the motor if opening the power tailgate by ✋.
Deleted User 361

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm Another thing I've noticed is that if I unlock the car with my watch (not tried from the phone app yet) the power lift doesn't operate when opened (had to manually lift/close it). It was fine again once I locked/unlocked normally. Anyone else noticed this please?
Just off the top of my head have you checked the unlock settings? Is it set to drivers door only or all doors.

If I unlock with the app then all doors unlock, with keyless it's drivers door only. With key it's one press for drivers door, two for all. The tailgate has its own button. I have an st line x FE. Mine seems old spec now as they've added bits, but sadly removed bits too. Be careful you don't strip the motor if opening the power tailgate by ✋.
Got it set for all doors

Won’t be using the watch app for now, but will re-test with phone app at some point (want to try starting the engine from the app anyway)

Thanks
Deleted User 361

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the car to default to headlamps/parking lights OFF please?

Think this is for safety. How many cars do you see driving around with only Drl's lighting the way with no rear lights on. I see them daily.

I always leave mine in auto and let the car decide when lights should be on.

It's possibly programmable but you'll need to know someone with forscan etc.
No sign of anyway to override so I think you must be correct about it being a safety feature

I’ll have to get used to it, same as start/stop always being active
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:33 pm I’ll have to get used to it, same as start/stop always being active
You can disable start/stop with the button by the handbrake. Start/stop is off in sport mode but can be selected if needed. However as the car defaults to normal mode each time you start, I guess you'll have too knock it off manually. This must be to encourage the control of emissions when stationary.

There is a setting in vehicle settings with a tick box called Auto Engine Off. I've never bothered looking into what this is for.