B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Situation bareable.... not ideal on a £20k + purchase is it....

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Just had the dealership call to say my car is ready (this is the second time it's been in to be looked at). 1st time it had the keyless entry sensors and modules replaced as the boot was intermittent, and they told me they'd fixed the surround sound issue. They hadn't, so it went in again and has had the door mouldings and position altered which they had to wait 3 days for a part from germany, and chimes from parking sensors only working intermittently. It's been in for a week this time.

Door mouldings fixed, but they've been advised by Ford Technical that because my car was built on the 19th December 2019, the Surround Sound option is not available on cars built before March 2020. If I feel I have been missold the car I need to take it up with sales. I have a press release printed from early january as there was no Puma brochure when I made the purchase which clearly states "an impressive sound system developed by B&O with immersive Surround Sound option"

My mate has it on his and honestly compared to mine it sounds so much better, almost like if you were to remove earplugs. I'm so annoyed as I love my music (I'm a DJ) so I deliberately chose a model that had the B&O system!

For all you guys who are in the same position as me, what are our next options? I think it's unreasonable of Ford to think we should just accept that we have early builds and get on with it!
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You could start by telling your dealer that my Puma has surround and was built before March.

You're welcome to my vin if that helps prove a point.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have escalated my issue within Ford and its currently been there for about 4-5 weeks, they tried to go along the lines that it wasn't in the brochures etc but they have now admitted that its either a build issue or a Tech Issue. Currently have the head of UK Tech discussing it with the Sync team.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

You may have missed my question rogbee, so now the SBD has been applied (by the dealer) how does your config differ from when you successfully enabled SS via FORScan yourself?
robgee

Post by robgee »

Chocky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:27 pm You may have missed my question rogbee, so now the SBD has been applied (by the dealer) how does your config differ from when you successfully enabled SS via FORScan yourself?
It doesn't the SBD did not do anything so officially currently i have no Surround Sound available and Ford Technical are still working on the issue
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Sounds like the SBD is duff then. Have you fed that back to Ford tech, you know, told them you hacked the config and managed to enable it?
robgee

Post by robgee »

Chocky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:37 pm Sounds like the SBD is duff then. Have you fed that back to Ford tech, you know, told them you hacked the config and managed to enable it?
The Ford Tech know the SBD didnt work as they spoke with the dealer who was trying to apply it and they raised it back again to Ford

No haven't told Ford Tech as yet as awaiting a result on my case before saying that i believe the ASBUILT data is incorrect . Have even noticed my climate settings are configured for North America instead of Europe ! The problem is Ford don't officially release APIM settings so you either have to dig around the net or use Forscan which will give you drop down boxes to enable certain functions , or the ability to change hex values.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

robgee wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Chocky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:37 pm Sounds like the SBD is duff then. Have you fed that back to Ford tech, you know, told them you hacked the config and managed to enable it?
The Ford Tech know the SBD didnt work as they spoke with the dealer who was trying to apply it and they raised it back again to Ford

No haven't told Ford Tech as yet as awaiting a result on my case before saying that i believe the ASBUILT data is incorrect . Have even noticed my climate settings are configured for North America instead of Europe ! The problem is Ford don't officially release APIM settings so you either have to dig around the net or use Forscan which will give you drop down boxes to enable certain functions , or the ability to change hex values.
I wouldn't mind so much if Ford could explain how they managed to fit a well established system, that is used by both them and other auto manufacturers and get it so wrong, for a short spell.
If it was a hardware problem, admit it and provide the correct hardware.
If it's a software problem, provide the fix and move on.
The question is, does my cars value diminish because of the omission?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

I have escalated this further to Ford by informing them if they can't resolve the build quality issues and current defects with my Puma then I'll start the ball rolling with rejecting the car under the consumer rights act which has been reccomended as an option I should consider by someone at the dealership. It's been in twice now, for a combined total of over 2 weeks. I have been given a copy of an email from Ford Global Technical to my dealership stating in black and white that the sound system can't be fixed and the "G2160968 SYNC Module (APIM) Surround Sound Configuration" will not correct the issue on this particular VIN.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.