FORD PUMA GRILL

For Sale / Wanted - Sell Puma and Puma Accessories here.
Pauric1977

Post by Pauric1977 »

HI FOLKS
I HAVE A QUESTION IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMOVE THE UPPER GRILL ON A PUMA AS I WANT TO INSTALL AN ST BADGE ON MINE AS THE LAST OWNER DEBADGED IT

2023 FORD PUMA ST GOLD EDITION

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Copied from an old posting of mine.
Perhaps try searching the forum.

"Never easy removing trim.......

Two ways
1st is remove the entire front bumper, good video on YouTube. It is not an ST but likely to be exactly same procedure But hey that's a huge amount of work for just a badge?

2nd method, nothing on YouTube for the Puma. But knowing Ford only too well, then it's a 99% certainty it will be very much like the Fiesta. Simply clipped in position. Give it a try, and be careful not to crack anything.
Starting mid way at the top, inset and hook two fingers in the grill with thumb on the body work and pull out. Then work you way left and right until the grill is detached along the entire top
edge.
Then reach inside and down to unclip the grill at the lower fixing positions.
If that doesn't prove too easy, pop along to parts department and ask the chap if he can show you a picture of the grill.
"
the radman

Post by the radman »

the easiest way is to just find a pic of one on ebay or similar then you can see exactly what clips it has and where they are, most ford trim is just clipped in place nowadays,the problem is that some of the fixing tabs are incredibly thin and flimsy and the slots they push into grip them very tight so they can snap pretty easily,just go carefully