2023 ST Line Engine Cover

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Banditofthefairways

Post by Banditofthefairways »

Ive recently taken delivery of a new Puma, i was a bit shocked to find no engine cover. My dealer says this is no longer supplied, which i think makes the engine bay look like a chemical factory! A bit of research shows that they are available on E bay.

I mentioned this to the dealer who then got one of his technicians to show me why, and it appears Ford have modified the top of the engine somewhat and
if they fitted a cover it would cause vibration. However he did say that if i got one from E bay then he would pay for it, but i am not sure whether it will fit.

Does anyone know if there are any additional post/bolts etc. need to fit the cover?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum... :D
They dropped the engine cover some time ago. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on here where a couple of people bought off ebay or a scrappie....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Banditofthefairways

Post by Banditofthefairways »

Hi
Thanks for that.

I had a 2021 Puma previously and that did have a cover, (if I´d known the new one did`nt have one, Id`ve taken it off before handing the old car over)

Ive seen a couple of used ones on eBay also a supposedly new one in Lithuania, trouble is one site says they're compatible and some say they're not.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Banditofthefairways wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am Hi
Thanks for that.

I had a 2021 Puma previously and that did have a cover, (if I´d known the new one did`nt have one, Id`ve taken it off before handing the old car over)

Ive seen a couple of used ones on eBay also a supposedly new one in Lithuania, trouble is one site says they're compatible and some say they're not.
I know what you mean, I considered it when I changed mine, but then realised I only look in there about twice a year, so just left it... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.