ST Issues

Ford Puma ST Chat
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ntr941 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 am Hey, new to forum so apologies in advance if this isnt the right place to post this, I bought a st line 2023 about 2 months ago and have noticed two “issues” (first car ive ever bought new from dealership so praying im just being paranoid) 1 is a weird ticking noise (timing chain?) took too service center and the said its normal because its a 3 cylinder engine. Second weird thing is two red lines on speedometer, unsure what they are and dont see anything about it online or in manual
Picture/video below, if anyone can shed light would be very greatful!
Welcome to the forum....The red lines are at 30 and 50 Km/H (in your case)....The two common speed limits in Europe It's just a quick visual guide to show you've exceeded city limits...
I believe VAG started it some years ago for cars in Germany and it's just stuck around as others adopted it.
By the way, this is the section for ST owners. Yours is a ST-Line....The 'Main Ford Puma Chat' section would be best......It's where all the cool guys hang out... ;) 8-) :lol:
But I guess this subject crosses both..
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Ntr941

Post by Ntr941 »

Gotcha, thanks!

Post by 4251 »

Sparks wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:14 pm
Ntr941 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 am Hey, new to forum so apologies in advance if this isnt the right place to post this, I bought a st line 2023 about 2 months ago and have noticed two “issues” (first car ive ever bought new from dealership so praying im just being paranoid) 1 is a weird ticking noise (timing chain?) took too service center and the said its normal because its a 3 cylinder engine. Second weird thing is two red lines on speedometer, unsure what they are and dont see anything about it online or in manual
Picture/video below, if anyone can shed light would be very greatful!
Welcome to the forum....The red lines are at 30 and 50 Km/H (in your case)....The two common speed limits in Europe It's just a quick visual guide to show you've exceeded city limits...
I believe VAG started it some years ago for cars in Germany and it's just stuck around as others adopted it.
By the way, this is the section for ST owners. Yours is a ST-Line....The 'Main Ford Puma Chat' section would be best......It's where all the cool guys hang out... ;) 8-) :lol:
But I guess this subject crosses both..
It is just a pity Ford’s budget didn’t stretch to putting some numbers on the gauges then people would understand! Got to be the worst designed lcd gauge design ever, absolute crap.
DB74

Post by DB74 »

4251 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 am It is just a pity Ford’s budget didn’t stretch to putting some numbers on the gauges then people would understand! Got to be the worst designed lcd gauge design ever, absolute crap.
Surely the large numbers in the middle of the screen are sufficient for when you reach the red lines? I personally prefer it not to have the numbers as it can look cluttered and makes it harder to read.
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

4251 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 amGot to be the worst designed lcd gauge design ever, absolute crap.
I wouldnt go so far as calling it crap, but it I would definitely put it at the bottom when compared with others that I have experienced.
Admittedly the other cars were a little more expensive, but this display does look a bit cheap and I think would benefit from better use of colours.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just for information going forward, mine does not have the red indicators on the speedo (in any drive mode).
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:43 pm Just for information going forward, mine does not have the red indicators on the speedo (in any drive mode).
Neither does mine.
I double checked just in case I missed them. :lol:
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

Post by 4251 »

Mine doesn’t either, what’s the point when there’s no numbers on the dam thing!? Bezels would make it look far better too, you know, like everyone else does.

I do have proper ST mats though, with the ST logo on them