Engine Misfires

All Ford Puma related discussions
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

marshpa wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:07 pm Well after all that palaver - the 'master technician' found that it was the spark plug on cylinder 2 that was the problem. Replaced that and its running like new. I mean it's been in the garages for 11 days! He does say if it happens again then its the coil pack.
That’s good news, but why didn’t they change coil pack as well in case , but fingers crossed alls well 👍
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

FP2022F1T wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:45 pm
marshpa wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:07 pm Well after all that palaver - the 'master technician' found that it was the spark plug on cylinder 2 that was the problem. Replaced that and its running like new. I mean it's been in the garages for 11 days! He does say if it happens again then its the coil pack.
That’s good news, but why didn’t they change coil pack as well in case , but fingers crossed alls well 👍
It's all down to money and Ford not wanting to spend any. Oh and the OP said that they replaced the defective spark plug. I'd really really like to think that they replaced the complete set........ But I wouldn't put any money on it.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
marshpa

Post by marshpa »

Vendee wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:27 am It's all down to money and Ford not wanting to spend any. Oh and the OP said that they replaced the defective spark plug. I'd really really like to think that they replaced the complete set........ But I wouldn't put any money on it.
Absolutely right. And the phrases in the email they used are identical to ones on here - about not being able to contact the dealership or escalating it to the service manager. They didn't even try i think. I am out money as had to get a hire car for the first week the dealer had it as they wouldn't give me a courtesy car - and nothing was even done to the car! I don't even think they looked at it past day 1. And the constant threats of £144 + VAT diagnostic fee if they didn't find anything wrong with it. Not sure how sticking a laptop into a car costs £144 because I want that job. I'm glad it is sorted but has seriously put me off another Ford. I was thinking of the Focus ST next but they can ram it. I should add the paperwork says spark plugs replaced - plural. I should also add however, the car got a 25,000mile service beginning of June which supposedly replaced the plugs - the juddering and EML started two weeks later....
Ford Puma ST 1.5L EcoBoost 200PS 6-speed manual
21 Plate
Colour: Grey Matter
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

marshpa wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:34 am
Vendee wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:27 am It's all down to money and Ford not wanting to spend any. Oh and the OP said that they replaced the defective spark plug. I'd really really like to think that they replaced the complete set........ But I wouldn't put any money on it.
Absolutely right. And the phrases in the email they used are identical to ones on here - about not being able to contact the dealership or escalating it to the service manager. They didn't even try i think. I am out money as had to get a hire car for the first week the dealer had it as they wouldn't give me a courtesy car - and nothing was even done to the car! I don't even think they looked at it past day 1. And the constant threats of £144 + VAT diagnostic fee if they didn't find anything wrong with it. Not sure how sticking a laptop into a car costs £144 because I want that job. I'm glad it is sorted but has seriously put me off another Ford. I was thinking of the Focus ST next but they can ram it. I should add the paperwork says spark plugs replaced - plural. I should also add however, the car got a 25,000mile service beginning of June which supposedly replaced the plugs - the juddering and EML started two weeks later....
All the trouble you've had would certainly put me off. Confidence in my car is everything to me. Any further problems and I would be considering part exchange.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
marshpa

Post by marshpa »

So my Puma ST has been misfiring since last week. Same issues it would appear - EML flashing, sounds like a tractor, juddering under acceleration and then permament EML on. Will have moments where EML flashing and then back to permanent on. Warnings on my FordPass app about servicing engine soon. Luckily it still has 2 weeks of warranty! It is getting sold asap. Fed up with it. This is I think 7th or 8th time it has been in.
21 Plate
marshpa

Post by marshpa »

4 new spark plugs. Would seem it has had 12 spark plugs in 9 months...
21 Plate
matthen

Post by matthen »

marshpa wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:37 am 4 new spark plugs. Would seem it has had 12 spark plugs in 9 months...
Where does the 4th one go? 😜

Sounds like you've got a fueling issue, and the plugs are getting fouled. Did you ask them to find out why they were only lasting weeks?
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green