B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Had my update call today and my car is booked in again next week , it seems that it will be used as a test to see if Ford Technical can resolve the issue. They will be instructing and talking to the dealer whilst the car is with them.

Fingers crossed
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

robgee wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:12 pm Had my update call today and my car is booked in again next week , it seems that it will be used as a test to see if Ford Technical can resolve the issue. They will be instructing and talking to the dealer whilst the car is with them.

Fingers crossed
Yes, fingers crossed. We'll owe you big time if you get this sorted....Image
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
sirius100

Post by sirius100 »

Greetings from Spain, long time lurker of this forum but wanted to add an extra data point to this thread.

Mine is a ST-Line X (presumably... dealership had it listed as ST-Line but since it was a display vehicle it included most extras except heated seats/steering and automatic boot) with a December 2019 build date, no surround option.

After reading robgee's success with FORScan I decided to buy myself an adapter and have a go at forcing the option on after reading a few tutorials on how to adjust APIM settings with it.

I must say it does make a difference in sound quality, sound is more spherical and centered, and completely removed the need I had to set the Fade slider to the back seats by quite a bit. Perhaps not as mind blowing as some people have described it to be on their Fiestas, but nonetheless an improvement over the Stereo settings, so I will keep the option on.

I'll leave it to someone else with previous B&O experience to compare the surround on an early build Puma with the ones that come from the factory with surround. Let's hope all that's necessary is a APIM update to bring the option on for most people and not that Ford, somehow, inexplicably, decided to cripple the first few batches of cars by using inferior hardware.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yeah fingers crossed it works but If it doesn’t I won’t let it go now 😉

If anyone else has access to forscan and obd device it would still be interesting to see if they could enable the option. Forscan is having a release issue with there latest software as it’s not working with APIM software updates at the moment so will wait to they have resolved that before I buy an extended license and see what module updates that offers me.
robgee

Post by robgee »

sirius100 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm Greetings from Spain, long time lurker of this forum but wanted to add an extra data point to this thread.

Mine is a ST-Line X (presumably... dealership had it listed as ST-Line but since it was a display vehicle it included most extras except heated seats/steering and automatic boot) with a December 2019 build date, no surround option.

After reading robgee's success with FORScan I decided to buy myself an adapter and have a go at forcing the option on after reading a few tutorials on how to adjust APIM settings with it.

I must say it does make a difference in sound quality, sound is more spherical and centered, and completely removed the need I had to set the Fade slider to the back seats by quite a bit. Perhaps not as mind blowing as some people have described it to be on their Fiestas, but nonetheless an improvement over the Stereo settings, so I will keep the option on.

I'll leave it to someone else with previous B&O experience to compare the surround on an early build Puma with the ones that come from the factory with surround. Let's hope all that's necessary is a APIM update to bring the option on for most people and not that Ford, somehow, inexplicably, decided to cripple the first few batches of cars by using inferior hardware.
Good news , are posts must of crossed , but did you use the APIM number I posted ?
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

sirius, good result. It makes more sense all cars were built with the same hardware and someone just forgot to enable the config setting. As for the dealers struggling to apply the SBD hopefully we'll find out why soon.
sirius100

Post by sirius100 »

robgee wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:21 pm
sirius100 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm Greetings from Spain, long time lurker of this forum but wanted to add an extra data point to this thread.

Good news , are posts must of crossed , but did you use the APIM number I posted ?
I was ready to use the number you provided to change the 7D0-01-02 values, but then I decided to not mess about with the AsBuilt code and instead set it on from the much simpler, human friendly interface that FORScan provides.

So I backed up the factory APIM values (7D0-01-02 027C-0642-8222), opened the human-friendly APIM configuration module and set the Surround option to Enabled, write, cycle power and the option was added to the settings. Took much more time researching how to properly use FORScan and back up the initial configuration than actually making the change.

Might try to opt in for the FORScan beta to update the APIM module, but honestly for now I'm quite happy with the way it sounds.
sirius100

Post by sirius100 »

Chocky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm sirius, good result. It makes more sense all cars were built with the same hardware and someone just forgot to enable the config setting. As for the dealers struggling to apply the SBD hopefully we'll find out why soon.
Fingers crossed. I still want to update the APIM but I think I'll wait until the FORScan option has matured a bit more or dealers have had time to understand how to handle this particular issue.
robgee

Post by robgee »

sirius100 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 pm
Chocky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm sirius, good result. It makes more sense all cars were built with the same hardware and someone just forgot to enable the config setting. As for the dealers struggling to apply the SBD hopefully we'll find out why soon.
Fingers crossed. I still want to update the APIM but I think I'll wait until the FORScan option has matured a bit more or dealers have had time to understand how to handle this particular issue.
Seems they have withdrawn the 2.4 builds for now, I might try the older build and see if i buy the extended license it picks up any updates but wont apply them as my car needs to be bog standard for them to test the process on next week.

I skipped the simply mod section on Forscan , but have revisited and like you say its more or less click the feature you want and enable it.
sirius100

Post by sirius100 »

robgee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 am
sirius100 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 pm
Seems they have withdrawn the 2.4 builds for now, I might try the older build and see if i buy the extended license it picks up any updates but wont apply them as my car needs to be bog standard for them to test the process on next week.

I skipped the simply mod section on Forscan , but have revisited and like you say its more or less click the feature you want and enable it.
Correct, I believe you can get the link to download it just by asking for it on the FORScan forums, as they mentioned they won't release it to the public until they build a comprehensive manual for the update procedure (too many people taking it lightly and bricking modules it seems). Maybe if I'm bored I'll give it a go one of these days and let you all know the results.