Cross traffic alert, windows and mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Thanks and yes have tried that. The 'fault' doesn't allow the menu option of turning the auto fold to work at all. The issue is that the (?only) front windows are on the same circuits, so forget about going to a shopping centre and getting a ticket!
I'm trying the battery disconnect again but even with changing fuses the issue is unresolved.
Yep, back to the dealer.........

gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Update: went back to the dealer last week. Mechanic said he'd never heard of such a problem. Took the drivers door card off to access the Drivers Door Module and found a power wire which he said might have been shorting - he wrapped some insulation tape around it. The 'invoice' said things about tension on the loom.Anyhoo it's working again.
See how long it lasts. If it f's up again I think they'll try a new DDM. Interestingly the Passenger Door Module wasn't seemingly checked and I'd have thought the BLIS error could be left or right. Perhaps the scan picked it up- he advised fault codes were logged BUT the 'invoice' said nothing of the sort....
Anyhoo, hopefully that's it sorted!
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Back it came again. Back to the dealer.Ford at least gave us a hire car. Puma was in for a week. We find out the original owner had had the DDM ( drivers door module) replaced in the first year of life.Unknown to us. Sam, ( big shoutout to Suttons Homebush mechanic) feels he's founds the issue. Apparently the power to the Body Control Module ( which the door modules slave off) was 'incorrectly tensioned'- thus with heat/vibration the power would glitch out. He fixed it and couldn't get the fault to recur. The issue only happened every few weeks, so it's still early days. If it happens again I'll be asking for Ford to buy it off us.