Headlight removal and bulb change

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Maty87

Post by Maty87 »

i have found the lack of information on how to change and remove the front headlights in my owners manual and on the ford app manual follow the below links for the removal guides

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... ldtype=web

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... ldtype=web

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi, Welcome to the forum.
Nice helpful post to start off, thanks. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sarjee

Post by Sarjee »

Very helpful! I'm not a fan of requiring to remove the headlamp to change a bulb but it seems that is where we are these days.

Just a note on the mirror indicators, there's no need to remove the glass, you can run a trim tool around the plastic fascia to pop that bit off.
Puma ST Desert Island Blue - Dark wheels, power tailgate, M235
Puma ST Powershift Azura Blue - power tailgate
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Done both my headlights and mirror indicators, absolute doddle to do. My last Ford, a MK2.5 focus, I had to remove the whole headlight to change the bulbs.
Didn't need to do it on my last car, a Seat Leon MK3 as it had LED main and dipped headlights.
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Wilto wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:40 pmMy last Ford, a MK2.5 focus, I had to remove the whole headlight to change the bulbs.
Didn't need to do it on my last car, a Seat Leon MK3 as it had LED main and dipped headlights.
I remember changing the whole headlights on my Mk.2 Focus. It was a Titanium in black and the headlights had a silver bezel, but I thought the black bezel suited the car much better and I upgraded the bulbs at the same time. An absolute doddle to do, not like cars nowadays.
I also had the fog light surrounds colour coded because in standard form they were a grey unpainted colour. I dont know what Ford were thinking with that. :?
Was a really nice car actually, so any excuse to post a photo of my cars...here it is back in 2008. :D
Regarding LED headlights Ive just been thinking about that and my 5 cars in a row including the Puma have all had LED headlights.

DSCF2514.JPG

2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

IMG_20190914_205225.jpg

IMG_20190914_204808.jpg

My 2010 1.8 Zetec S taken in 2019. These were taken while the wife and daughter were in the NIA in Birmingham watching Ariana Grande, so I spent 3 hours in the car park cleaning it 😜
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Wilto wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:17 amMy 2010 1.8 Zetec S taken in 2019.
I see a few modifications there...it looks nothing like a Zetec S anymore. 8-)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
simonr23

Post by simonr23 »

You can replace the low beam globes with the headlight in place, but re-clasping the wires spring thingo is annoying.

Removing the headlight is simple, but there’s a chance of scratching the headlight cover, or the quarter panel.

On my puma I’ve done globes about 3 times per side, and both headlight housings twice, too.