Utter sadness.....

All Ford Puma related discussions
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Wife has just scratched my two month old Puma trying to get off our driveway in Italy :cry:

The American selfish p***k "can't be bothered" parking on his drive and makes it very difficult to get off our drive as we have to turn right to leave our parco(see pictures).

Devastated! Thankfully off to do some circuit training soon to get any anger/sadness out before I see my wife, as it isn't her fault(and she will probably offer to pay for repairs)

IMG-20240212-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240212-WA0007.jpg

ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate

KevC

Post by KevC »

:(

Can you go out straight to the wall opposite and then full left lock to reverse and then turn right? I know you shouldn't have to but that's a shockingly bad place for them to decide to park and it would give you more room to get round. Typical where people have no consideration for others.

I got boxed in a few years ago when someone parked opposite my space. In the middle of me making little front and back moves to try and get out, the owner came back and said, sorry, I'm only renting the car. Erm.... what does that have to do with being terrible at parking when there are empty space 20m away?
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

KevC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm :(

Can you go out straight to the wall opposite and then full left lock to reverse and then turn right? I know you shouldn't have to but that's a shockingly bad place for them to decide to park and it would give you more room to get round. Typical where people have no consideration for others.

I got boxed in a few years ago when someone parked opposite my space. In the middle of me making little front and back moves to try and get out, the owner came back and said, sorry, I'm only renting the car. Erm.... what does that have to do with being terrible at parking when there are empty space 20m away?
Yeah. Actually go at a very slight angle towards them then full lock reverse. Wife isn't used to them being there though as normally they are at work whenever she uses the car.

Should have seen where they did park. Pretty much directly opposite. Couldn't get on or off. Spoke to the parco guards who spoke to their landlord who told them to move. (Note: I had already spoken and politely asked them to be a bit more considerate three times)
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
robgee

Post by robgee »

My dad always use to carry a few loose screws or nails in his boot of the car if people would constantly block his access to his driveway. Not sure 🤔 what he would do with them after he politely asked them not to block his access.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You have no chance expecting a Yank to respect anything. Borrow a service LandRover and catch his motor a couple of times to see if the message sinks in.
Failing that a piece of 2 X 4 could make the point.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

maybe just kick his ass , he deserves it
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Luckily looks like a job that chips away would be able to fix without needing to claim on insurance or go to a full blown body shop.

A few screws wedged in his tyre tread might keep him away.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

cianpars wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:43 am Luckily looks like a job that chips away would be able to fix without needing to claim on insurance or go to a full blown body shop.

A few screws wedged in his tyre tread might keep him away.
Yeah I think the door damaged should be ok. Going to clean her tonight to check. There is quite a gouge out of the side skirt though which definitely won't buff out.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:03 pm You have no chance expecting a Yank to respect anything. Borrow a service LandRover and catch his motor a couple of times to see if the message sinks in.
Failing that a piece of 2 X 4 could make the point.... ;) :D
Sadly we don't have those here. And most people buy crappy cars they don't care about so I doubt he would care