Puma 2020 -charging system service now warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
burritoman2

Post by burritoman2 »

Hi, i had this come up last night close to home so switched engine off and restarted, and symbol did not reappear. Took it for a test drive for 5 mins afterwards, and symbol did not appear. Since then today i have driven to work(10miles) and it hasny reappeared. Any thoughts or updates on this issue?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Probably just a glitch....Good old turn it off and on computer solution probably cleared it. If it re-occurs pop it into the dealer.
Welcome to the forum by the way...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
FF33

Post by FF33 »

I had the same error a while ago. As the car was still under warranty, I booked it in for investigation and they did a software update. No issues since then.
burritoman2

Post by burritoman2 »

Thanks for the comments and info FF33 and Sparks. I shall monitor for now .Mine is just out of warranty(typical) but i did book it in for monday ,but will assess in the mean time.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

burritoman2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:22 pm Thanks for the comments and info FF33 and Sparks. I shall monitor for now .Mine is just out of warranty(typical) but i did book it in for monday ,but will assess in the mean time.
When you say just out of warranty - you can extend it as long as it’s not more than a month out.

Just a heads up. Mine is £14 a month.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Key cycle or sleep can heal the car sometimes but you should get the codes read to see what went offline. Remember once that message is shown you have whatever charge is in the 12 volt battery until the engine stops. So if it happens again turn off all consumers and get home or to dealers if you can.
burritoman2

Post by burritoman2 »

Thanks for the post's and advice Stoopo and Chocky.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

it happened in my car too , just once 2 years ago .... after that it was fine ...never happened again
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....