Rattle / metallic vibration from b-pillar area

All Ford Puma related discussions
mhunt407

Post by mhunt407 »

Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could get some advice. My 20 plate puma seems to have developed a rattle / vibration that I can hear from the b-pillar area. It sounds almost metallic in sound and definitely isn’t the plastic trim rattling. (I’ve foam taped it out and am confident this isn’t the source).

It’s particularly audible over a slightly bumpy road, I did wonder if it’s coming from underneath, or perhaps a door. I’ve also confirmed it’s not the red reflectors in the door cards.

I wondered if anyone else has had this problem, or point me in the direction of things to check before sucking it up and paying the dealer to look at it as it’s driving me crazy!

Thanks!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi, not sure what else is the b pillar apart from the seat belt. Could that be loose?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

As Mike...First thought was seat belt mounts.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
UbF

Post by UbF »

Move the seat back and forward a couple of clicks - mine was a rattling seat bar, the one that lets you move the seat back and forth. Took me ages to find it.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I get this sometimes and it is usually because the passenger did not retract and stow the seatbelt very well. To test it, just buckle up the seatbelt and see if you can hear the noise. It's not a grreat designfeature having the seatbelt buckle hang so close to the B pillar.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

cianpars wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:27 pm It's not a grreat design feature having the seatbelt buckle hang so close to the B pillar.
Youre right, its not.
Previous cars ive owned have had a movable sleeve on the belt which allowed the buckle to be positioned as high up as it could go, which eliminated any chance of it rattling.
While on the subject it is quite poor that the seat belts in the Puma are not height adjustable.
Its often little touches like this that can make a big difference. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Ron240 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm
cianpars wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:27 pm It's not a grreat design feature having the seatbelt buckle hang so close to the B pillar.
Youre right, its not.
Previous cars ive owned have had a movable sleeve on the belt which allowed the buckle to be positioned as high up as it could go, which eliminated any chance of it rattling.
While on the subject it is quite poor that the seat belts in the Puma are not height adjustable.
Its often little touches like this that can make a big difference. :)
I asked a dealer about the lack of height adjustment. He said move the seat up and down. Proves that some dealers will say anything. :lol:
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.