Ford ev sales

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

That is all quite interesting Kev. I'm 2 years into my Puma ownership and I don't change cars regularly unless it's a dog so I'm not going to be looking at a new car for five more years. By that time we will see how much the technology and the infrastructure has improved. It's the latter that I think may be a problem.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

KevC

Post by KevC »

I'm the same. I'm only on about my 7th car since 1989!

The Jag is a keeper but the Puma is my 'cheap' daily and also my mum taxi. Absolutely perfect height for her to get in to and get a wheelchair or a walker in the boot. I'm likely to keep it for 6-8 years and it'll have around 60k on the clock by then and I should be all set for an EV. Infrastructure will be good and we should have charge points in the car park of the apartments where I live so I'll be good to go. If the price is right, I'll happily get a Puma EV at that point (although I do like the look of the VW ID2 as well).
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
DB74

Post by DB74 »

KevC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:27 pm The hit from the cold is not as bad as most people seem to think. If your car can do 250 miles on full charge you'll only lose about 30 or so and as the vast majority of people drive under 100 miles in one day that's not a big deal.
After owning an EV I would say the hit on mileage from the cold is a lot more than you think, as you will also have the heater on for longer. Charging was also taking twice as long as well for anything below 10 degrees.
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

And there will be no getting away from the inflated insurance premiums.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just read today that some councils are now going to charge EV’s the same to park as normal cars. Plus some are even going to charge more due to them saying the larger batteries are more polluting.

Not sure how true the paper article but it seems, if true, the EV love-in is rapidly dying.

Dieselgate 2 anyone?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

So they should pay the same for parking, they take up the same space. :evil:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:29 pm So they should pay the same for parking, they take up the same space. :evil:
Agreed but it seems our London Mayor made an exception. Evidently they currently pay for ten minutes and can stay up to four hours.

The General Parking Discount for EV’s in the City of Westminster ends in April. EV’s will also have to pay to park outside their own houses like ICE cars.

Quite right too!
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

I know this thread started talking about EV sales in the US, so do they have a ZEV sales mandate like we (+EU) have?

2024: 22%
2025: 28%
2026: 33%
2027: 38%
2028: 52%
2029: 66%
2030: 80%

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... t-response
MrT

Post by MrT »

What’s really needed is for a clever person to come up with a really efficient solar panel, which could be fitted to EVs, so that mains charging would only need to be an infrequent top up and journey distance shouldn’t be a problem.
There has been a suggestion that some multi storey car parks may not be able to bear the extra weight of EVs.

Post by 4251 »

MrT wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 am What’s really needed is for a clever person to come up with a really efficient solar panel, which could be fitted to EVs, so that mains charging would only need to be an infrequent top up and journey distance shouldn’t be a problem.
There has been a suggestion that some multi storey car parks may not be able to bear the extra weight of EVs.
Would have to be a miracle invention! A solar panel on the roof of a car would be about 300/400 watts in bright sunshine at best. Thats about 2/3rds of one horsepower at 100% efficiency which they are not so nearer 0.5hp being produced in bright sunshine. And charging a 50KW battery while stationary in bright sunshine would take about 125 hours! So they need to improve an awful lot to be any use whatsoever on a car used daily. Battery cars will be a compromise no matter how they are dressed up.