New speed cameras

All Ford Puma related discussions
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:41 pmWell my car updated to F11 maps whilst sat on the drive. It was about a 21gb update and no way was I even in the car, never mind running the engine.
Maybe the engine doesn't need to be on then. :D
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:39 pm
Pbirdman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 pm I wish there was a permanent way to adjust the sat nav voice level other than Mute and On
Cos I find it quite loud and would love to be able to turn it down to 1 or 2 instead of default (which is about 6 I think)

I know you can turn the volume knob when she speaks but that only turns it down for that particular notice all further notices will revert back to default volume
Mine doesn’t. Once I adjust the volume it stays at that level. The hard part is adjusting it as she speaks. You can, however, go into Sync and adjust it there.
Where in Sync?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:41 pm
Ron240 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:18 pm
Stoopo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:13 pm Nice to hear the Wi-Fi updates are back. I switched mine back on the other day.
Best yet was F11 that updated fully without me even knowing until it took me down a new road in Leeds. F12 I had to do manually.
With Wi-Fi updates I thought you had to be parked with engine running and handbrake on to connect to your home network?
Is there another way to do it?

Does anybody here have a definitive answer as to why Ford do not do OTA updates like some other manufacturers?
Well my car updated to F11 maps whilst sat on the drive. It was about a 21gb update and no way was I even in the car, never mind running the engine.
How long ago was that?
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:33 am
Ron240 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:18 pm With Wi-Fi updates I thought you had to be parked with engine running and handbrake on to connect to your home network?

Does anybody here have a definitive answer as to why Ford do not do OTA updates like some other manufacturers?
Well my car updated to F11 maps whilst sat on the drive. It was about a 21gb update and no way was I even in the car, never mind running the engine.
How long ago was that?
And was it in the UK? ISTR you spend some time in Turkey.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:39 pm
Pbirdman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 pm I wish there was a permanent way to adjust the sat nav voice level other than Mute and On
Cos I find it quite loud and would love to be able to turn it down to 1 or 2 instead of default (which is about 6 I think)

I know you can turn the volume knob when she speaks but that only turns it down for that particular notice all further notices will revert back to default volume
Mine doesn’t. Once I adjust the volume it stays at that level. The hard part is adjusting it as she speaks. You can, however, go into Sync and adjust it there.
Which setting? Cause a few of us have this issue with the prompt volume not staying where it is set
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've been through all the sync settings and there is no volume control that I could find for the Nav anywhere. :?
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:33 am
Ron240 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:18 pm With Wi-Fi updates I thought you had to be parked with engine running and handbrake on to connect to your home network?

How long ago was that?
About the same time the new East Leeds Orbital Route opened as that’s when I realised my Sat nav was updated. So around August 2022.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:40 pm I've been through all the sync settings and there is no volume control that I could find for the Nav anywhere. :?
I found it in mine the other week whilst messing about with updates, etc. My wife has the car at the moment so I’ll check when she gets back. There was definitely a voice prompt volume setting though.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

AD54807F-7B0A-4747-8D16-A3D2684A7CBE.png

Maybe it was this I found - adjustment for the interactive voice. I think I must have assumed it controlled the navigation voice as well.

My bad.