Battery charging

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Coltal

Post by Coltal »

My Puma is a 2020 (70 plate Uk.). I need to charge the battery with my charger. I have opened the red positive cover on the battery. Where do I attach the positive clip of the charger? I want to leave the battery in place. Should the negative lead of the charger be attached to chassis?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Maureen

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi, Welcome to the forum.
Yes, attach it to a bolt on the chassis. I've never had to do it, but, that's how I understand it....Wait for someone who has done it to come along with confirmation. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Pretty sure for chargers you just go positive to positive, negative to negative. Not negative on chassis as you do when jumping. Did it not come with a manual?
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

seyahremmus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:12 pm Pretty sure for chargers you just go positive to positive, negative to negative. Not negative on chassis as you do when jumping. Did it not come with a manual?
This is the correct way. Make sure to attach the red/positive clip first. Manual is available to download from Ford UK.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks for the correction guys.....I haven't charged a battery for many years seems I was thinking about jump starts....Good job eh? :oops: :oops:
Guess that's what Ford assist is for....Mechanical illiterates like myself.
I only lift the bonnet twice maybe thrice a year to top up the windscreen washer.... :roll:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Just a thought..... you had to attach the charger so it flows through the battery monitoring to the battery otherwise you end up having to reset that after its fully charged?
Did have: 2022.25 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Grey Matter with DAP, PP, PT, PR
Now got: 2023.75 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Azura Blue with DAP, PP, PT, PR + stonechip :(