Glovebox light (lack of)

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:36 pm The 6000k colour temperature will be a big improvement over the dull yellow of the standard halogen bulb.
I am surprised at Ford still fitting these outdated bulbs for interior lighting
They didn't..... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

UbF

Post by UbF »

20231223_165321.jpg

Yeah. Plenty bright enough. Might get some more of those for Map and vanity lights - they have a very even beam spread.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Ron240 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:30 pm Yes well done, and the way it should be. :)
It is ridiculous that a relatively small number of cars do not have the light...with no explanation why.
It's not even that it's been deleted because brand new cars have it the same as older ones.
It just seems so random, and we will probably never find out the real reason.
Having worked in the automotive supply chain in my previous jobs, I would hazard a guess they probably had a supply issue on the production line at some point, and rather stopping the production line for something so small, they were built without it.
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Wilto wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:24 pmHaving worked in the automotive supply chain in my previous jobs, I would hazard a guess they probably had a supply issue on the production line at some point, and rather stopping the production line for something so small, they were built without it.
That certainly does make sense. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:54 pm
Wilto wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:24 pmHaving worked in the automotive supply chain in my previous jobs, I would hazard a guess they probably had a supply issue on the production line at some point, and rather stopping the production line for something so small, they were built without it.
That certainly does make sense. :)
Well it would, if all the cars that are missing them are around the same age, but I don't think they are. Unless the supply chain repeatedly runs out of the same items.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
the radman

Post by the radman »

i checked the wifes st yesterday and it has a light,its around 18month old now
Exduster

Post by Exduster »

No light in my glove box either! Model is a 155 ST Line X and build date of 01 September 2023. I have to admit it I was disappointed when I realised it had no glovebox light as I can't recall the last car I had that wasn't fitted with one. I will have a look in the better weather to see if there is anything at all there, though to be honest I don't use it apart from my sunglasses on the top shelf. I still have the compressor pack, locking wheel nut and filler spout in there as it was when I picked it up. What is more annoying for me is the fact I am unable to get track info from my iPod when connected through either of the USB ports and the only way I can get it is to Bluetooth it which works better anyway as there is less of a delay when skipping tracks. Again just minor niggles in an otherwise excellent car.
ST Line X Grey matter 155 PS with Driver Assistance Pack, Winter Pack, Power Tailgate with Keyless Entry, Number Plate holders, Mudflaps & Lanoguard Underseal :D
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Brand new 2023 ST-X delivered end of November. No glovebox light. Barely used the one in my 595 other than to hold a high Vis vest, and car documents, so not sure I'm bothered enough to complain or do anything about it.
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Not sure it would bother me but if it did I would probably buy a motion activated, magnetic, stick on light. Just got some for our wardrobe and they are great. They charge by usb and last a few months (obviously depending how many times we open the wardrobe).

They might be a bit large for the glove box but I’m sure smaller ones will be available.

A quick search resulted in these. Unfortunately Temu but I’m sure others will sell them.

https://www.temu.com/ul/kuiper/un9.html ... oGEALw_wcB
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.