Have I just got a sh** car?

All Ford Puma related discussions
marshpa

Post by marshpa »

So in furtherance of my issues with misfiring, see thread here viewtopic.php?t=2267&start=20

I now have two issues:

*dead battery after a day (I have read the thread on this - Rombat battery confirmed)
*blown exhaust flexi.

It is currently in for the 8th time I think for warranty repair. I have never had a car in so many times.

My car is 2 and a half years old, 26,000 miles. Have I just got a Friday afternoon shed or is this the standard of Ford these days?
Ford Puma ST 1.5L EcoBoost 200PS 6-speed manual
21 Plate
Colour: Grey Matter

Mike

Post by Mike »

I know owners have had battery issues but by the look of things you have been very unlucky. Have you been in contact with Ford about your problems as it can sometimes focus the dealer a little on resolving any issues you may have and also in my experience with Ford they generally offer some compensation .
I know not everyone has the spare cash these days but if i had a problem car it would be part exchanged sharpish.
I had a BMW 320 m sport a few years ago and that was never completely right in the first few years of ownership.

Hope you get your latest problems sorted quickly.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
robgee

Post by robgee »

I would definitely raise a case with Ford as it’s not the norm. I am on my second puma and did have a few software issues on the cars but I always raise with Ford and they usually offer some compensation
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)