B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

If you can get anything concrete from her it would be good.
If the rest of us go into the dealers we'll get the usual Bulls*** unless we can point them to a reference...
Well done for getting this far.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Mine is in with the guys at TrustFord Gillingham, and they're applying the software fix for the surround sound to mine as we speak. They're also putting a new module in for keyless entry as my tailgate would only open with the fob. Their bodyshop is also looking at the door alignment as the back passenger doors clip the front doors when opening. They're also looking at why CarPlay keeps freezing the sync screen, and how the chimes and reversing chimes go really faint whenever my phone is plugged in.

Will update when I get it back, looking at tomorrow or Friday.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

Mine is December 2019 ST Line First Edition no surround , plus a few issues that they've not solved either. Next time it's in I'll tell them they need the fix applied
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:55 pm Just had a call from my escalation manager and Ford Tech Services had confirmed to her that a software fix IS available. Apparently it’s on the internal Ford network and she has it in an internal email. She will talk with the dealer and make sure that they know what it is and how to apply it !

She will call me back tomorrow after speaking with the dealership
If this forum gave out 🏅 I'd nominate you. 😁
Andi

Post by Andi »

robgee wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:55 pm Just had a call from my escalation manager and Ford Tech Services had confirmed to her that a software fix IS available. Apparently it’s on the internal Ford network and she has it in an internal email. She will talk with the dealer and make sure that they know what it is and how to apply it !

Still waiting for my dealer to get back to me, as they said they were waiting for Ford Tech to get back to them! That was over a week ago. Having said that, they haven’t come back to me on any of the other outstanding things either 🤬🤬
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Andi wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Still waiting for my dealer to get back to me, as they said they were waiting for Ford Tech to get back to them! That was over a week ago. Having said that, they haven’t come back to me on any of the other outstanding things either 🤬🤬
You could always try another dealer.... They invoice Ford for work carried out.

Before servicing went fixed price I always played one off against another for discount.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:18 pm
Andi wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm
You could always try another dealer.... They invoice Ford for work carried out.

Before servicing went fixed price I always played one off against another for discount.
Yeah was thinking about another dealer but its only a 4 min walk away so its really handy.

Still might have a play with Forscan as for £9 i think i can apply module updates and also have built a update usb for F9 maps and Sync 20196 which i might apply once Ford have finished looking at it !

Once they fix it the first think i will look at is Forscan and see if they have changed the APIM values :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

That's great news if it happens mine is booked back in for the issue with the intermittent boot kick opening but that's not until October because apparently they need it for a few days so if there is a FIX available I can ask them to do it then and I'll have the information to back it up.
Ford Puma ST2 Gold Edition ...Agate Black/Build Date 14.2.2022
robgee

Post by robgee »

Had this through yesterday in an email from my escalation manager.
To confirm, as requested, it has been confirmed that there is a software update for the APIM for your vehicle in order for the surround sound feature to work.
Have also checked Ford etis this morning and there is an apim update available!
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Can you check mine before I go back to Ford?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic