Mountune vs revo

Ford Puma ST Chat
DavSTm260

Post by DavSTm260 »

Im looking at tuning my st a little.
Im torn between mountune and revo.
I asked 2 suppliers of the revo stage 2 package, 1 said they no longer fit parts, but would sell me the package, the 2nd just never responded. Not anything to do with revo themselves, but still. I spoke to mountune and they said to drop them an email about 2 months before i want the work done to book my vehicle in.

Any thoughts or advice on companies including the 2 i have mentioned. Please, no brand bashing, just want opinions on products or services.
Thanks.
Puma ST. Performance pack. Mean green. :mrgreen:

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

DavSTm260 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:16 pm Im looking at tuning my st a little.
Im torn between mountune and revo.
I asked 2 suppliers of the revo stage 2 package, 1 said they no longer fit parts, but would sell me the package, the 2nd just never responded. Not anything to do with revo themselves, but still. I spoke to mountune and they said to drop them an email about 2 months before i want the work done to book my vehicle in.

Any thoughts or advice on companies including the 2 i have mentioned. Please, no brand bashing, just want opinions on products or services.
Thanks.
I have modified my Puma ST with Mountune's M260. Most of which I have installed myself. The exception being the intercooler. My local Ford Dealership did that for me. Not that it isn't a simple install in it's self. It was just because of the difficulties in removing the plastic front wheel arch trim without snapping it.
Why Mountune. First because I trust their software as not extreme mapping, second excellent quality products and third because I have used them before on previous Fords including my Focus RS MK3. Notwithstanding Ford dealerships (not all) have experience with Mountune products and will happily install upgrades should you prefer they do it rather than yourself.
The M260 package if you so wish can be done in stage's, hardware upgrade, M235, more hardware and then finally the M260 mapping. In fact you can easily downgrade to M235 mapping in just a few minutes, if 99ron fuel isn't available and or winter conditions dictate dropping the power.
Last edited by Rays1 on Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

I have the Dreamscience stage 1 map on mine and also had it on previous ST.

I'm not sure how it compares to the Mountune or Revo but the figures are similar

The benefit with DS is once you buy the handset they email you the files and any upgrades to mapping will also be emailed meaning you can then load them yourself without having to go to a dealer.
Another good thing is when you sell the car as long as you upload the stock map (which is on handset) you can then sell the handset on getting back £200 - £300 which makes the remap a lot cheaper than the other 2 - if you buy another ford then as long as it's on the DS list for remapping you can also keep the handset and get new maps for the new car for £100

The handset also works as a fault code reader which allows you to clear the codes as well, it even works as a datalogger but i've nevertried that so can't comment
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
DavSTm260

Post by DavSTm260 »

Rays1
Regarding the m260, this is the option im drawn to. What intake do you have. I used to have a k+n on my previous car, it sounded great while driving with spirit but honestly, it annoyed me when driving normal. Do you have the uprated mountune airbox or the induction kit.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

DavSTm260 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:59 am Rays1
Regarding the m260, this is the option im drawn to. What intake do you have. I used to have a k+n on my previous car, it sounded great while driving with spirit but honestly, it annoyed me when driving normal. Do you have the uprated mountune airbox or the induction kit.
I have the induction Mountune airbox. This uses the original Ford airbox "lid", the original tie down clips and supplied Mountune K+N type airfilter. I pleased to say this airbox doesn't significantly increase induction noise. Also have a black Induction hose, Throttle Body Elbow, Charge pipe, Intercooler and oil catch can installed, all Mountune products.
I may go for the rear intake kit at some point in the future.
I run M260 mapping in normal mode and not ASMO calibration (I can't be doing with excessive pops and bangs) on 99RON v-power fuel. Not keen on installing the the roll restrictor due to additional vibration, but have just fitted the mountune gear knob a simple modification. yes deffo a simple upgrade, but it amazed me how this transforms the feel of the car.
DavSTm260

Post by DavSTm260 »

Thanks for the information bud. You can probably guess from the name i used where my thoughts are pretty much going.
How easy was the parts to install, any advice on difficultly or tips on installation.
Thanks again.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

DavSTm260 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:18 pm Thanks for the information bud. You can probably guess from the name i used where my thoughts are pretty much going.
How easy was the parts to install, any advice on difficultly or tips on installation.
Thanks again.
As long as you're handy on the tools mostly all we're easy to install. The mountune airbox a little tricky in so much swapping out the old box whilst retaining the original air feed plastic ducting was difficult to separate.
Plus the plastic tie down clips. Hmmmm. Take your time swapping them over as it is possible to snap em and you don't get any spares and no you cannot buy them from Ford.
The rest easy ish, don't rush and check out utube videos.
Software install simple, so long as you have "recent" versions or Android and or iPhone OS software.
As I said my dealership did the intercooler swap as I wasn't happy in removing the front bumper in case of trim damage.
Sarjee

Post by Sarjee »

I fitted the Mountune air box and agree on the clips! Be really careful swapping those over they are a right pain. Only bit that was a bit awkward was fixing the additional cold air feed in place, I thought I'd be able to do everything through the bonnet but ended up having to get it up on ramps to be able to fix it.
Puma ST Desert Island Blue - Dark wheels, power tailgate, M235
Puma ST Powershift Azura Blue - power tailgate
adamfox2707

Post by adamfox2707 »

I got the Mountune M235 with the Carbon air intake.

I got it all fitted at Mountune HQ as it's only an hour away.

It was great, only took a couple of hours and their waiting room is like the ultimate man cave including a racing SIM rig bought from Ash Sutton!

I went for the M235 as I've had Focus STs before so didn't want to tune the Puma to roughly the same base power of one of those.

20231018_165523.jpg