Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

KevC wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:17 pm Finally got my maps updated.
Ford rang me back yesterday to tell me the engineers were still working on it. Er.... it's already fixed.
The maps installed on the drive to and from work and it's all up to date now.

I'll wait for Ottocast to have a sale and pick one of those up I think. I used wired CarPlay for a trip to Derby at the weekend and it worked perfectly so I suspect that'll be my nav/media choice when the price is right.
Yep mine is now showing the maps and have downloaded them for install .

An alternative to Ottocast is the Carlinkit which I have installed in the arm rest and works well. So might be worth a look.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

KevC

Post by KevC »

Ottocast had £40 off on their website for Christmas so I jumped in.
Should get it next week. I'll post a review when I've got the hang of it.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

KevC wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm Ottocast had £40 off on their website for Christmas so I jumped in.
Bought mine in July 2022, no complaints from me :D
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Rubyju

Post by Rubyju »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:24 pm
KevC wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm Ottocast had £40 off on their website for Christmas so I jumped in.
Bought mine in July 2022, no complaints from me :D
Same, I bought the Ottocast for CarPlay, and it works flawlessly too.
It only seems to stop working if I step out of the car too far away, then it doesn't seem to reconnect automatically when I get back in.
But a simple unplug/replug of the otocast solves the issue.
(the range of the built-in wireless CarPlay from our latest VW is superior in that regard)
ST-Line X 155 Ruby Ltd Edition Automatic 2023
pgc53

Post by pgc53 »

Updated sync 4 weeks ago using usb to build sync 3.4.23188 then had the dreaded problem the uploaded file to Ford seems to have something wrong with it.
CRC are on with it but i'm getting no where.
Can anyone tell me if this is the latest sync update.
The way I understand it sync upload file needs to be okay'ed by ford before I can update maps.
I'm currently on maps F11.
Is there an update for the maps.
Ford Puma 2022 ST Line vignale 155 Agate Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

pgc53 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:57 pm Updated sync 4 weeks ago using usb to build sync 3.4.23188 then had the dreaded problem the uploaded file to Ford seems to have something wrong with it.
The way I understand it sync upload file needs to be okay'ed by ford before I can update maps.
Took about 4 weeks for mine to update itself. CRC just tell you that the techs are working on it and they'll check it in another week or two etc etc.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
TheConsultant

Post by TheConsultant »

pgc53 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:57 pm Updated sync 4 weeks ago using usb to build sync 3.4.23188 then had the dreaded problem the uploaded file to Ford seems to have something wrong with it.
Exact same sequence of events for me - OTA for Sync3 itself wouldn't work, so had to do USB update. The log file wasn't accepted by the Ford website, and as such I can't get the maps update. Not getting anywhere with CRC who say that it's being reviewed but can't give me any further information than that, and recommend me to take it to a dealer for diagnosis as they're not technically trained. In the meantime I'm stuck, with OTA not working, and nor can I get any further USB updates.

In addition, I've also realised that my navigation volume prompt is stuck on 7, which is way too loud for most of the time. I turn down the navigation prompt volume while it's speaking, only for it to come back on at volume 7 at the very next junction or turning - the set volume isn't stored at all. Anyone had issues with this?
KevC

Post by KevC »

The current maps are F12.

I had the same issue, waited 3 weeks and then contact CRC. A couple of days later they phoned me to say they were working on it and that same evening the website updated and gave me access to the maps. They called me back 4-5 days later to say they were still working on it and I told them it was fixed!

Map update went perfectly. I started it when I left to go to work. It completed on the way home from work just before I stopped off for shopping at the supermarket. The next restart when I got back to the car finished it off and told me to remove the USB.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Please excuse my ignorance, why is everyone updating their sync 3 systems?
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Wilto wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:28 pm Please excuse my ignorance, why is everyone updating their sync 3 systems?
Because you can't update your maps to the latest version unless your Sync is the latest version.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic